1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Resurrection and the Book of Life Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EuphorialQueen, Oct 4, 2014.

1. EuphorialQueen

EuphorialQueen

http://simsvip.com/2014/09/09/guide-how-to-resurrect-a-sim-in-the-sims-4/
    I read the thread above and followed the instructions.
    My Level 10 Writer / Best Selling Author wrote the Book of Life and used “Capture Epic Saga…” of household member Cash Hairston (his brother-in-law) when Cash was an Elder. Cash died of old age. His wife Carpenter (still an adult) was so sad I decided to bring him back. Carpenter used the book to 'Summon' Cash and he appeared but as a ghost. Per the guide information "The Sim will return to life as if they never left" but this did not happen.
    Key factors:
    • The book was written before the patch to add ghosts.
    • Cash died after the patch.
    • Both the author of the book (Garrett) and Cash's wife (Carpenter) tried the Summon command.
    • Both Garrett and Carpenter read the Epic Saga.
    • Cash did appear when summoned and was added to household per the request to join household.
    • Cash stayed a ghost until I finally had him Return to Netherworld. (Not a reversible action.)
    I also noticed that before the patch the four urns on the lot had the names of the deceased family members. After the patch all but one read "R.I.P. _____" and the option to mourn was no longer there.

2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

The patch probably changed the behaviour of the tombstones, so I'm not too surprised the R.I.P _____ appeared, likely you got four broken tombstones, so I doubt there's anything to fix there

HOWEVER. If one was to think about it the whole "Saga" thing does sound like it was altered, if you want to bring back Cash to life you might need to find a way to make Amborsia instead, just like in Sims 3.

It does sound like the thing works, but in a new way, your sim now can summon the ghost of Cash via the Saga, and you say that when you summoned him, you also added him. In order to achieve that without the saga you need to befriend the ghost and move them in, so it seems the Saga now just auto-adds a sim to your households.

Dunno, but it seems that the Saga thing might've been altered to work differently along with the ghosts.

EuphorialQueen likes this.
  3. EuphorialQueen

EuphorialQueen

Sorry I was not being clear. I was only able to Summon and then rebuild the relationship until I could ask him to join the household.
    Looks like I am going to need a Level 10 cook. ;)

4. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

You could always report it as a bug on the forums or via twitter, they do respond quite often (namely SimGuruDaniel)

5. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

6. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

Hey all! Sorry for not responding sooner! I've been busy all weekend on guides.

@JohnBigOz Yes, so long as you yse the "embed" option.

@EuphorialQueen I have created a ghosts guide and combined death and resurrection with it: http://simsvip.com/2014/10/06/sims-4-ghost-guide/

The Book of Life was updated and only summons a ghost now, rather than resurrecting them.

7. EuphorialQueen

EuphorialQueen

Fabulous! Thank you for the update. :rolleyes: :roll: