1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Retail ideas- what are the best things to sell?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get To Work' started by gagasluxury, Aug 10, 2015.

1. gagasluxury

gagasluxury

I only tried retail business once and its a bakery. even tho I have the price @ 100% I'm still not making a lot of money like I want to especially after restocking the value reduces(? I think).
    So I wanted to ask you guys what do u think is the best stuff to sell? or at least the ones that worth a lot. and if u tried bakeries, what's the most expensive food u sold? I'm trying to make everything.

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I think paintings are profitable. Haven't got very far with my bakery yet.

benji_br and gagasluxury like this.
  3. Neeteon

Neeteon Staff Member

I'm still experimenting with my bakery to figure out which baked goods sell for the most amount of money. But generally I've found that gourmet dishes (recipes under the Gourmet Cooking Skill) sell for more money than baked goods (and as a result, are more profitable).

For example, if you have maxed the Gourmet Cooking Skill, you will have the option to cook Ambrosia. This dish can sell for around §22,000 if your dish is of excellent quality (if not, garnish the dish to increase food quality) and, if you have a 100% price markup on your retail store. From what I can recall, you can restock the Ambrosia for §11,000 but I suggest to just mass produce a few Ambrosias as it is much more cost effective. To make restocking more profitable, make sure you get the Cheaper Restocking Perk (reduces the cost of restocking by 25%) and Instant Restocking Perk (to save time restocking).

If you want to keep within the theme of a bakery and cook gourmet dishes, you can still bake a Black and White Cake (Lvl 1 Gourmet Cooking), Tiered Cake (Lvl 5 Gourmet Cooking), SimCity Cheesecake (Lvl 5 Gourmet Cooking) and Baked Alaska (Lvl 10 Gourmet Cooking).

As @Kit said, running an Art Gallery/Painting Shop is one of the more profitable business options, especially if your Sim has the Perfectionist Trait (takes longer but produces better quality artworks), the Creative Trait (gets random bursts of inspiration which increases the quality of artworks) and has maxed the Painting Skill.

If you do end up running a Painting Shop, the following reward traits are also very handy:
    - Creative Visionary – Creative Visionaries have a higher chance of painting and writing masterworks.
    - Marketable – Marketable Sims sell items they’ve crafted for more Simoleons!

Oh, and Classic Paintings and Reference Paintings usually sell for more Simoleons are are more likely to become 'Masterpieces' compared to Pop Art Paintings and Abstract Paintings.

Good luck on your business! :D

gagasluxury and Kit like this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

I have made bakeries, delis and rotisseries in general and they were a lot of work with little profit, even when I sold the higher priced dishes. Then I made an eletronics store (huge TVs + expensive computers) and I was rich in a day!

gagasluxury likes this.
  5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

To keep my bakery profitable, I had an art gallery upstairs where I sold paintings. made different sims in the household happy!

gagasluxury likes this.
  6. gagasluxury

gagasluxury

I have max in cooking, gourmet & baking but a lot of the ingredients I need to add from the debug cheat and idk what to add or if I can to make ambrosia. I get around 1500 for baked Alaska but I don't want to sell only 2/3 types of food. I definitely want to try painting and photography but for now I want to have a bakery with my story. thanks good luck to you too!

7. Neeteon

Neeteon Staff Member

To make Ambrosia, your Sim needs to have maxed the Cooking Skill, maxed the Gourmet Cooking Skill and reached Lvl 7 of the Gardening Skill (you're two-thirds of the way there!).

The ingredients required for Ambrosia are:
    - Angelfish – An Uncommon Fish found in the rivers of Willow Creek.
    - Death Flower – You can get this by splicing Orchid and Pomegranate plants. Pomegranates are acquired by splicing Apple and Cherry trees, or by fishing in Sylvan Glades. Alternatively, you can use the buydebug cheat 'bb.showhiddenobjects', search for the Death Flower and use it or, plant it and harvest the flowers from the plant when the time comes.
    - Potion of Youth – Purchase this from the Rewards Store for 1500 Satisfaction Points.

Overall, it takes a lot of time and effort, but I've found that it is worth it, especially if I manage to sell at least one Ambrosia a day while other customers buy other baked goods. This also allows me to keep the business within the theme of a bakery.

8. Neeteon

Neeteon Staff Member

I forgot to mention that getting Orchids requires you to complete the Space Rock Collection. If it takes too much time, use the buydebug cheat to aquire the Orchid and either use it as it is, or plant the Orchid and harvest the flowers when they grow.

9. gagasluxury

gagasluxury

do u think I can take these ingredients from debug?

10. Simmer517

Simmer517

You can save up perk points to get cheaper restocking, and more customers will come if you lower the price.

gagasluxury likes this.