1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

School and Work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uhleeshuh, Sep 3, 2014.

1. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about sim school. Mind you all I've only played through most of my sims elementary school, but I'm expecting high school to be the same, if not more in depth.

I was actually shocked with how interesting school is now- and how hard it is (I need to get used to it)!
    My children sims are set to 9 days. Well 5 of those days I spent just letting them go to school and coming home to do their homework; repeat.
    On the 4th day (Thursday) I was tired of getting those demeaning notes about them so I actually looked at the school performance tab and I can't believe that even though they were doing their homework and studying hard, they were both C students?!!

I look a centimeter below that and see they have tasks given to them to achieve higher grades (OOOH!! I see now).
    I hated it at first but I wasn't expecting that and it's going to be hard now with 3 kid days left to get them an A. Though now that I know about it, I actually love it. I love how they incorporated work into school. It makes you get more involved in it when before my attitude was "Good- school time. Get out of here", "Do your homework" and then succeed in school for that. Now it makes you have to complete these little goals to actually educate your sims at home and then get rewarded for their gained knowledge and effort.

I also love how (even at work) if you do anything other than Normal work and Work hard, your performance decreases (I'm sure there's a few exceptions in other careers). Which makes sense right? You're not focusing on the work you were hired to focus on.

Again with the little goals to get promoted, it's perfect! I don't know about you guys but when I played ts3, I would make these little stories in my head about my family (lol) and one time I wanted the father to be a down on his luck, trying to just get by kind of guy, I wanted him to be and stay as a Corporate Drone (because how sad is that??), but because he had the necessary smiley faces to be promoted it would just happen.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that now I have the option to refuse to get my sims promoted- wowee!

So that's it, I just wanted to post my thoughts on school and work and how I adore it.
    I love how the sims in ts4 are really like their own beings yet we still have the power to control their lives, and the quality of it, more in depth, than playing with their basic needs.

Thanks happy simming!!!!

Thijs likes this.
  2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Do we have a literal option to refuse or just a theorotical (i.e by now completting the requirements?)

3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

4. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

I was also surprised to see goals for each level of a job. I have never played a sim with a job before, I was always self-employed in sims 3 so the goals I needed to accomplish to increase job level was interesting. Of particular note was the "paint 3 emotional paintings." I went from level 3 painting skill to maybe level 7 painting skill and still hadn't gotten the option for emotional painting. Finally, just clearly out of luck, I managed to become inspired and confident and an option came up to do a confident painting. I shrugged and thought what the hell and when finished it showed I had created 1 emotional painting. I finally understood. So now I realized for this, and likely all jobs, anything goal that is labelled "emotional" means I have to have an option with a little blue tab on the end of it and do that one.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  5. Reuta

Reuta

I really love the new school\work beacuse you actully do something than watching them going to the work or doing home work :D

uhleeshuh likes this.
  6. doll

doll

I do like the way the jobs/school things are set up now with the tasks, but I do miss the socializing options for them both for sure.

benji_br likes this.
  7. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah I'm bummed about the socializing thing too I didn't know about that when I posted this, but the socializing problem is just a little stain on my "I Love the New Work/School System on TS4" shirt.

benji_br likes this.
  8. Zerican Z

Zerican Z

I am pretty bummed out on the careers

Mind you I have only tried out 2 so far ( Painter and Comedian)
    but those two kind of fall in the same category ( if that makes sense)
    I picked Painter right away because I am an artist in real life too
    I did love the emotion painting you can and it allows you to make sure you want what emotion in what room with the aroma thing and all that but other than that the careers seem...boring.

Not only are they boring , if you have only 1 sim in a household guess what ? You cant do a thing till they get back from work. everything is greyed out. I can't build , I cant travel and watch other sims at bars etc. I cant go watch someone at the park ( Like in sims 3) while my sims is off to work. All i can do is speed through and wait for them to get home.

I dont like that I cant make friends at work.

9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

But hey! The new speed the clock goes when all sims in the household are gone or asleep is super cool and fast! Right?! lol

10. buriedwarf

buriedwarf

I really enjoy this new system, though I'm really lazy to do the tasks, hahaha.