1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SimsVIP will be undergoing scheduled server maintenance on December 10, 2016 from 12:01AM Central Time (-6 GMT) until 1:01AM Central Time. During this time, SimsVIP will be offline while crucial server maintenance is performed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by dawnderee, Jul 30, 2015.

1. dawnderee

dawnderee

Hi, all -

Recently, it became no longer possible for me to hit Alt+PrScr to capture a screenshot in TS4. When I try to paste it into Paint, it pastes either a blank screen or my desktop image. I use this primarily for Tweeting fun TS4 pics so I'm kind of bummed that it stopped working.

Someone recommended I try using Fraps instead. I downloaded Fraps yesterday and it captured the screenshot without issue, but when I try to Tweet the pic I get a "no image selected" error message.

Any recommended fixes or helpful tips would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I don't know exactly what format Fraps takes Screenshots in, but it could be that the format may not be supported by Twitter. However, the printscreen could come down to how you're playing the game. The computer cant take Screenshots of a game that is played in fullscreen. You could solve that by putting the game into Windowed Fullscreen mode. A very practical mode that I'm always using when games offer it.
    However, I am wondering why you use these methods in the first place. Does pressing C not work for you? That's the screenshot button built directly into Sims 4.

3. dawnderee

dawnderee

aaahhh! i did switch from windowed to FS not too long ago. maybe that's it.

i do use the built in screen shot (and save many as memories) but I couldn't figure out how to get those pics from the game to Twitter.

4. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

It's not very hard. You just have to direct Twitter to the Sims 4 Screenshot folder and choose them from there.
    But yeah, putting the game either to Windowed Mode or to Windowed Fullscreen Mode should allow you to take screenshots just like you always did.

5. dawnderee

dawnderee

Thank you so much!

6. dawnderee

dawnderee

BTW I feel like an idiot for not knowing this...lol

7. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Does hitting C not work for you?