1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Neighborhood Lot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uhleeshuh, Sep 16, 2014.

1. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

So I was moseying around on the lots in my sims' neighborhood and came across a closed off mine. It said I needed level 10 Handiness to unblock it. So many sim days later, I got level 10 and instantly went over to where I found it.
    It's at the Desert Bloom park location in Oasis Springs. Somewhere along the boundaries of the location.
    [​IMG]
    After unblocking it, it gives you the option to Explore it. While exploring it chance cards pop up and if you answer incorrectly, you leave and start over. If you answer the 4 cards correctly, it will ask you if you want to Enter the Forgotten Grotto.
    After a load screen I walked into this:
    [​IMG]
    Isn't it beautiful?! I actually thought that my sim was going to be gone forever and my home lot was loading lol! After a minute, plants will start sprouting and you will find mounds that you can dig into. I found some pretty uncommon things there but the plants were all pretty generic. I don't know if it all will change if I go again. There are also 3 fishing spots that I didn't get a chance to really fish in (I didn't have bait because I wasn't expecting this lol!)
    [​IMG]
    Also I thought that the light rays which kind of focus on the other end of the location would be some alien craft that was going to whisk me away, but that did not happen. Near the entrance, there is a bunch of old looking things that includes a poorly made wooden toilet. Other than that and the collectibles and fishing spots there wasn't much to do.

I am wondering if there is another secret location for Willow Creek because when I was trying to go through the chance cards, my sim left feeling Embarrassed because he got lost exploring a "Secret Neighborhood Location" (something along the lines of that). After I rested up from this adventure, I went to the park in Willow Springs and did not find an abandoned mine, but maybe I should be looking for something else.

Either way I wanted to share this because it's a beautiful setting that I'm sure some story makers out there would like to utilize this in the future!

Happy simming!

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Yes. It's been confirmed that each world has 1 unique secret lot :3

It's leafy in Willow Creek ;) (tree.. just look for a tree damn it xD)

uhleeshuh and benji_br like this.
  3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

WOWEE!! Can't wait to check it out!!

MidnightPearl likes this.
  4. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

It looks so pretty! I've not got to the secret locations yet (playing a legacy, and don't do cheats/second families!:p), but I can't wait to see them for myself!

5. Cody

Cody

For the forgotten grotto there is two entrances :D!!!! Sorry if you already said this but I did not read most of your post for I do not want to spoil it for myself. It has been torturing me not to go look at Sims Vip guide lol. I am most excited for the grotto because in Sims 3 there was a very similiar looking mine with included creepy eyeballs. Except you could not go into it. Sunset Valley, it was one of the first things I discovered when starting with Sims 3 and I thought dang how cool would it be if in the future they could make it where you can go in. THEN WHAM Sims 4 comes along and they did <3.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  6. bshag4lv

bshag4lv

Cool! I'm in the process of getting one of my simmies up to level 10 in handiness...he's also quite the fisherman. Can't wait for when he can go fishing in the Forgotten Grotto.:D

Cody likes this.
  7. FantaTango

FantaTango

The Grotto is amazing! This gives me high hopes for future neighbourhoods and secret lots.
    If only Sims had sleeping bags and can actually eat fruit they harvest, then that could be a cool place to stay in for a homeless challenge as they have a wooden toilet there :p

uhleeshuh and Cody like this.