1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Show Sims be able to have more traits than 3 to pick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geeuto, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Geeuto

Geeuto

Looking at the sims 3 the amount of traits you could have as a adult and older were 5.Now it is 3 traits only. Do you think that we should have the options to choose more traits in a later patch. It would be nice to have 2 traits for kids, 3 for teen, and 5 for Young Adult/Adult/Elders.

2. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

I agree that more traits would be nice. I would also like to have a few more. There were a lot of them in Sims 3, Granted they didn't always act on them, but it gave more variety to the Sims.

Geeuto likes this.
  3. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Hell yes more traits would be freaking awesome. Just like how we humans are in real life sims should be more than just a few traits.

4. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Yes I think Sims should definitely have more than three traits :) I more traits like The Sims 3 had, it gave Sims more personality and for me made them feel more unique whereas in The Sims 4 though I love playing it sometimes only selecting three traits can limit how I imagined my Sims to be and act :(
    I think EA need to add five or more trait slots, also, more traits in The Sims 4 would be nice as well :)

Matthew.

5. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

I wouldn't mind either more Traits or certain Traits sort of "mixing" together to create different wishes (like a shy Sim would rather publish their music rather than a more outgoing Sim going out and playing for tips) or being able to gain Traits through natural gameplay, like becoming vegetarian if they don't eat food with meat after a certain number of days or becoming eco friendly if they recycle a lot, not just adding Traits after they've completed Aspirations or buying them with reward points (like Greenthumb; Greenthumb would be better if the Sims gained it for gardening a lot rather than unlocking it).

Poedelini and Mitchi32 like this.
  6. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Yeah why be so limited I think the possibilities in the sims 4 should be limitless.

7. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

I always find myself making the same sims since our dominant traits in CAS are limited. I personally feel that in the beginning process we should only get the one trait. Now... just hear me out on this... it seems to me as if the aspiration traits and reward traits don't matter which really annoy me. Our sims have their own personality with their own likes and dislikes (we really need likes, dislikes, turn on's and turn off's back in the game, JMO), so as the game progresses these traits should just fall in place.

So rather than having 3 traits... in the beginning they have the one trait, but maybe by the time of their death, depending on their accomplishments, hobbies, social interactions, work ethic, family life, romance/relationships, you know... the whole shabam... they could have 25 to 50 traits that actually corresponded correctly and gave our sims their own unique individuality from other sims who also share some common traits as they do.

As for aspiration traits and reward traits... those should only work based off of discounts, in-game cheats, and advances in the game, rather than giving our sim a personality trait.

So if they complete cooking level 10 3 traits would pop-up, but you could only pick 1 trait over the three traits given. So if you picked "vegetarian", then the only dishes they prepared were vegetarian, unless they were cooking for a party or members of the family (you still had the choice to go all vegetarian if you wanted to). The same would go with other skills like- handiness, gourmet cooking, baking, bartending, fitness, logic, charisma, etc..