1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Sims 4 End of Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AtomicSimmer, Feb 7, 2016.

1. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I know its hard to think about since the Sims 4 is just getting started but where do you think it will end? All good things have to have a end sometime. The 3 series before this one had a end. I have to imagine the EA/MAXIS people are thinking about this too. Sometimes I wonder if there will even be a Sims 5???

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

If you look too far ahead, you're bound to stumble over your own two feet. XD

MiffoShort1997 and ShaylaJ like this.
  3. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

@Kit That is true Ive stumbled over my own feet a time or two.

4. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

The Sims 3 lasted from 2009 to 2013, so maybe TS4 will be from 2014 to 2019? Unless they do something insanely crazy with the current series (which IMHO... is by far getting better and better) TS4 continues to grow and grow. Perhaps their planning on putting out 10 to 15 expansions for TS4, but they continue to update, patch, and create stuff packs and game packs for the game that could extend into the year 2020?

TS4 is giving out more content in this series than previous series of the franchise. We did have TS3 Store, but I never spent money on Simpoints, and the content we received in the store didn't give us as much as what we're receiving with the stuff packs and game packs we're getting.

We're a little over a year into TS4 and we're already 6 stuff packs, 2 game packs, and 2 expansions in. So who knows, maybe by the end of all of this we'll have 25 to 30 stuff packs, 10 to 15 game packs, and 10 to 15 expansion packs. Either way, I honestly don't want the series to end. It's becoming a new fan favorite every day to me. Plus, who knows what Maxis/EA could also put out with this game with new updates, free content features, and tools that they could implement into the series.

MiffoShort1997, benji_br and Kit like this.
  5. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

That would be really amazing if the TS4 really came out with that much stuff. It would also be a lot of money to spend. If this series is expected to keep going I would expect a 4 to six year cycle for each.

6. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

I agree with @2HubbiesNLove.

Sims 1 came out in 2000, had 7 EPs and lasted 4 years.

Sims 2 came out in 2004, had 8 EPs and 10 SPs and lasted 5 years.

Sims 3 came out in 2009, had 11 EPs, 9 SPs, 11 Store worlds, and pretty much monthly sets of stuff and almost monthly Store sets and lasted 5 years.

Sims 4 came out in 2014 and so far has 2 EPs, 2 GPs and 5 SPs with patches that give free stuff almost every month.

If people lasted for 5 years, buying all those Sims 3 stuff (which were unstable, overpriced and didn't work for poop), then Sims 4 should have just as healthy amount of content as Sims 3 plus way more, especially since I'm sure it will last at least 1-2 years more than Sims 3.

Kit and benji_br like this.
  7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I sure hope we are correct about the Sims 4. It sure did not seem like it was going to go to far when it first came out.

benji_br likes this.
  8. Bethany_XX

Bethany_XX

i have high hopes for the sims franchise i mean the sims 3 was just like that when it started people didn't like it that much but with everything they added in the end its a really nice playable sims game so i think that the sims 4 will grow just like TS3 and hopefully a sims 5 game XD

9. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I think this franchise will go far or at least I hope it does.

10. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

I love the Sims 4 and the Sim series, I hope that it goes on forever. I can't picture not having them as my main entertainment. It is the best game ever invented...