1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Sims 4 Statistics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Purplestarz2006, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Purplestarz2006

Hello, all

This thread is based on the interview with Rachel Franklin that was posted on the main site yesterday. I'd recommend giving it a read if you haven't already, but a major point of the interview was the use of data collected from player's games in addition to social media and the like in developing future content. To quote Rachel in the article,

"If we find that people aren’t getting to see certain content or certain gameplay moments, we know we have to change something in the game. So we’ll use it for something like tuning. We’ll also say, ‘You know what? People aren’t really using this skill so much – maybe they prefer these other skills. Why don’t we make more of the things that they like?’ It’s really telling when you put together what people are saying they want with what they are actually doing in the game – it’s sometimes quite different."

Now, I find all types of data and statistics to be inherently fascinating. So I wanted to pose a question to the forums. If you could see one of the statistics alluded to in this article, what would it be? We may not know for sure what types of data Maxis collects and uses but even if it isn't something used by Maxis, what would you like to know about how people play The Sims 4?

Personally, I would like to know more about the differences between players who primarily play on one lot and those who play rotationally. Does switching lots correspond to a higher population, for example. Do players who remain on one lot accomplish things faster, such as reaching the top of careers or completing aspirations?
    benji_br likes this.
  2. Mitchi32

I would like to know how many people primarily spend their time in build mode and not playing the game in live mode, and vice versa.
    MiffoShort1997 and benji_br like this.