1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Sims' Icon's Size

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by uhleeshuh, Sep 30, 2014.

1. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I don't when exactly this happened but I noticed it after I had my sim Change Appearance. The sim's icons are now smaller than what I remember them to be- now I'm questioning myself lol!
    Anyhoo, don't play with mods and I haven't messed with my settings.
    Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]
    Are they actually smaller, or am I remembering wrong? I think the icons are supposed to be the same size as the cell phone??
    If it is really smaller now, any ideas as to fix it?
    I've already restarted my game btw :p

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

OH!!! Do you think it's because I have a family of 6???! AH! :O

3. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

[​IMG]

Here's a cap of mine, taken just now... yours have definitely shrunk for some reason! I wouldn't imagine a family of 6 would cause it, seeing as the game is scripted to allow a household of 8 sims... are you playing in full screen or windowed mode? Could have something to do with that, I'm not sure. Also might be something to do with your screen resolution/game settings. Changed anything in the settings menu before you noticed it?

4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@thatsimsgirl I found out it is because I have 6 sims in my household, the icons shrink to fit 8 pictures in that space. LOL Once some of the sims in that household died/moved out, they went back to normal.

5. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Wow! That's one of the strangest things I've heard yet! I would NOT have guessed that 6 sims would cause that; not when the game is designed to have 8 sims. :confused: Oh well, at least you know what caused it now!

6. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah it was getting annoying because since the icons became so small when I'd go to try to click on them, I'd be too close to the edge and start scrolling down!! It was frustrating!!

7. Meka3514

Meka3514

I had that same problem. You can barely see the icons they're so small. I think 5 Sims is the limit b4 the icons shrink. Btw, how is it playing w/6 Sims? Whew, 4 or 5 is my limit lol. I find myself pausing the game too much if I go beyond that lol

uhleeshuh likes this.
  8. Win7yes

Win7yes

The limit of the size change depends on the resolution of your screen/size of your screen. My screen can fit 6 Sim icons before shrinking down the icons. There's screens that can fit 3 or 4, others that cpuld fit 8 or more, etc. I think before the patch of the ghosts, if the Sims didn't fit in the selector, their icons would go on top of the other. But now it shrinks the icons down wich is worse for people with bad sight or for very small screens (Since you wouldn't even be able to see them) But for example, @thatsimsgirl 's screen could fit the 8 Sims perfectly.

9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@Meka3514 lol! I know 5+ sims is really difficult! especially since they don't stop their cancelled actions when you want them too (which is right when you cancel them!!!) but I'm learning to just let sims be sims maaaan :mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::sunglasses:

Meka3514 likes this.