1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Sims muscle texture Bug

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GreenApple, Mar 16, 2015.

1. GreenApple

GreenApple

So I've been browsing the web a lot to find a solution to this isssue but I can't really find the right one to fix this bug, so I'm hoping you can help me with this guys.

So what happens is that my sim reaches the high muscular level and in CAS the skin texture looks right but in game the texture just looks some kind of blended and this bothers me a lot.
    I'm playing with ultra graphics and uncompressed sim textures on as well.

My graphic card is a Nvidia Gefroce GTX 770

Im posting 2 photos to let you know what I'm talking abouts!!
    Thank you guys! :D

sims-4-bug.jpg

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Hm, this looks a bit like an issue I once had with Sims 3, where a custom skin I had installed didn't overwrite the default skin the way it should have and both skins just kind of overlayed each other, but only in live mode. Back then I was able to fix the issue by moving the skin directly into the mods folder instead of having it in a subfolder. Maybe this could be a conflict with some custom content as well, if you even have any installed.
    I'll quickly boot up my game to check whether that might actually be a bug that wasn't commonly noticed yet.

EDIT: Interesting. I'm experiencing the same issue, both with and without mods installed. Might possibly be an issue with the most recent patch, because I'm almost certain my athlete Sim looked perfectly fine not so long ago. We seem to have a bug at hand here...
    Either that or Nvidia messed up something with the current drivers. Wouldn't be the first time. Maybe someone who is running the game with an AMD graphics card can confirm whether or not they are experiencing the same?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  3. GreenApple

GreenApple

Thank you for your reply! Actually since I start playing this game I always had this texture problem so I don't know if the problem is this last patch . All the threads I read online everyone said the problem was the sim's waist being to large to the texture, but this one has the thinner waist available in game D: . This is very odd cuz my graphic card is good enough to run the game at max graphics ... D:

4. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

@GreenApple I believe I found a solution for this problem. It seems that the game is overwriting the muscle definition texture when a Sim's weight is relatively low. The Sim below had the same problem as your Sim. To test a possible solution I turned on cas.fulleditmode and went into CAS. Previously his weight slider was almost all the way down. Now I put it up to about 20%. Leaving CAS the problem was gone and his muscle definition is visible again. Unfortunately, I assume the problem will return as soon as he looses that weight again. So as of right now this is only a workaround and will have to be repeated every now and then.

[​IMG]