1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

So... it may take over a year for an expansion pack to be released? :O

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Esnes Nommoc, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

I'm really hoping this is not the case. :( And I don't get why it would take this long, considering The Sims 3's first expansion pack came out 5 months after the base game. :(

2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

April 2015 is the start of EA's Fiscal Year 2016

still, it's about 6 months since the release which I believe is the longest break between a main expansion pack and vanilla game anyway.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  3. Meka3514

Meka3514

Well the FY is April 2015 through March 2016. So there's still a chance we could see the EP in the summer. But you guys are right....this is the longest that we've seen an EP released, considering historically it's been 5-6 months after release. But they did give us 3 free path updates and 1 Game Pack. So...who knows.. they may give us more content in the form of free patches or Game Packs until we see the 1st EP.
    @Esnes Nommoc there are a lot of Simmers that are upset with the game....so maybe they're taking their time w/the 1st EP or there's other things going on at EA we're just not privy too. All speculation at this point.

jeLlyBeAn1573 and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  4. xoJessi

xoJessi

They just better make it a good one (with tons to do)! lol ;)

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  5. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

Yasss. XD

6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Actually, Sims 3 was the only Sims title where the first expansion was released less than 6 months later. I don't know the release dates of the first EPs for Sims 1 and Sims 2 from the top of my head, but the current release in April is pretty normal.

benji_br and JohnBigOz like this.