1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Story Progression??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meka3514, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Meka3514

Meka3514

I know that currently in the game there's no story progression like we had in The Sims 3. However, I am a bit confused on what we do have. Let me explain....I moved a Sim from the Gallery (another person's creation) that already had some skills into a house, but I didn't play him. I eventually moved him into my current household as he had a relationship with one of my Sims. I noticed that he already had tons of friends & a few romantic involvements. Again, please note that I never once played him. So...I'm very confused at this point....in regards to story progression. Do we have some form of it? I was (happily) surprised to see that he already had friends and romantic partners, but I am curious how this happened if there is no story progression for Sims outside of household. Any thoughts???

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

It's a bit weird to explain. Basically, the inactive Sims can use all of the same autonomous interactions that your Sims can use. A Sim who is currently in the same neighborhood as your Sim, will speak, flirt and interact with other Sims and while doing so, their relationship will grow. It also seems like these already established relationships between inactive Sims can grow slightly even when they aren't loaded within the neighborhood. So it actually works very similar to Sims 3. They just can't engage in an actual relationship, get kids or move in with each other.
    A problem with that system however, is that a little flirt will already allow the game to make the romance bar grow while the Sims aren't loaded, which means that most inactive Sims will end up with multiple romantic relationships after a while, no matter whether they are married, engaged, etc. That's something they should definitely tone down.

benji_br and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  3. Meka3514

Meka3514

Thanks so much for sharing that. I had no idea the game was like that. I wish they'd add story progression like we had in Sims 3. The game is pretty cool, but I think that lack of story progression is huge. I'm curious to see how other Simmers play and get around the whole story progression issue. How do you play?

benji_br and Pink_Plumbob like this.
  4. Pink_Plumbob

Pink_Plumbob

It would be nice to have story progression in the sims 4, but like to be able to customize story progression in the sims 4, for example I wouldn't want my sims to leave the town and I never see them again, it also would be nice to b able to turn off story progression, as it can be unpleasant to those who like rotational play.

benji_br likes this.