1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuff Pack vs Gamepack vs Expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AtomicSimmer, Oct 31, 2015.

1. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

How come there are 3 different things that all add something to the Sims 4? Why can they just all be called addons or something? Is there really a difference?

2. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Well I think Stuff Packs add only a few small things like objects and clothing, Game Packs add the same but seem to come with features, like the ability to open your own spa or going to the Outdoor Retreat place and an expansion pack is the biggest as it brings in so many new things, careers, towns, mythical creature and so on :)

I think Game Packs though are the alternative to the Sims Store. I think if we didn't have them then we'd have a Sims Store instead!

3. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Because each one has a different expected price and content. Some things like the stuff packs are so specific that some people wouldn't like them or they wouldn't fit into another kind of pack. Game packs are aimed at specific gameplay such as Outdoor Retreat being focused on camping which some people wouldn't particularly be fond of. Because it has more gameplay and is more immersive than a stuff pack, it needs to cost more. And of course, expansion packs are meant to completely change the gameplay overall the entirety of the game. Such as Get To Work and the clubs of Get Together that will can and will effect the core of the game.

Examples:
    Expansion Packs could include weather and new generations. $40
    Game Packs could include specific niches such as hobbies and vacation worlds. $20
    Stuff Packs could include Goth or Party furniture and decor. $10

As The Sims team has said, there is a lot of content they and the fans want in the game that sometimes just can't be added in an Expansion Pack or Stuff Pack, which is where the Game Pack in the middle forms.

4. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Ok I understand now. That makes sense. I just thought that concept was a little confusing. Thanks for sorting that out.