1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuff Packs...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RethkaSims4, Feb 2, 2016.

1. RethkaSims4

RethkaSims4

Personally I don't get many stuff packs because I think with the CC out there it isn't needed. I think that the Halloween stuff pack was really paled out by all of the halloween cc that I saw online.
    How about you?

2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

While I am a huge fan of CC, I use it very sparingly. Currently I think I have a few pieces of makeup, some jewelry, a couple dresses and some paintings (and by some I mean like 4). I currently have two mods in my game. Otherwise, I stick to EA content.

I think the cc out there that people create is absolutely fantastic, however I went cc crazy with TS2, which I think a lot of simmers did. it was such a hassle, with updates and then one piece doesn't work, another conflicts with it and I felt I was spending so much time managing my CC and mods that it turned me off for awhile.

I was better with TS3, but one piece during a dloading spree continuously caused my game to crash and took me forever to figure out, so I removed it all and spent way too much at the store instead.

I feel like more comfortable with EA content, and I'm loving the content we've received so far. I also love getting a new pack of some kind each month. I find the packs reasonable in price, and find the items fit very well with the themes.

:)

ShaylaJ, Geeuto and 2HubbiesNLove like this.
  3. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

I actually enjoy the stuff packs this go around. I use custom content at times, but a lot of new content doesn't match the art style of the game so it makes it hard to enjoy the game with content that has a sims 3 quality. I also like how they give us 2 to 3 new gameplay interactions in stuff packs, as where custom content doesn't give you any new gameplay interactions, unless you use mods. All the stuff packs thus far has given us new gameplay interactions.

Luxury Party gave us fondue fountains and buffet tables.
    Perfect Patio gave us hot tubs with new hot tub interactions
    Cool Kitchen gave us the ice cream maker with new flavors with different outcomes
    Spooky (was the only pack I wasn't impressed by, although I do love the costumes)
    Movie Hangout gave us new movie screens, popcorn maker and new family play.
    Romantic Garden is going to give us a wishing well with over 50 outcomes and new romantic interactions.

I guess all in all... it's all about how you play the game. Some people dislike stuff packs and game packs and rather get just expansions, and that's great. I try to get every pack they come out for the game because it adds something new and different to the game.

4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I agree @2HubbiesNLove. The gameplay objects are a big one for me. I was a sucker for those pack in TS3 store. :(

A lot of the style of cc seems to aim at making everything as realistic as possible, whereas I like the way the simmies look in 4. Or it's just converted from 3 cc.
    Also, the animations are sometimes wonky, and then it ruins the whole thing for me. I love pillows on the bed, but then the sim goes to sleep and their head is sort of inside the pillows and stuff... it just bothers me. lol.

But CC is also SO Pretty!! :)

ShaylaJ and Geeuto like this.
  5. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

I use a lot of CC because most of the content of the Sims games aren't my style, exactly, so I rely on it to get the game play I want. Although it's hard to find CC my style anyway because everything is all bright and colorful and there's not a lot of Maxis Match goth stuff.

So far, the only Stuff Packs that have really caught my eye are Spooky Stuff and the new Romantic Garden. Move Stuff is alright but it's not a day one purchase (I haven't got yet actually), but Spooky Stuff was and Romantic Garden will be.

Mitchi32 likes this.
  6. Geeuto

Geeuto

I personally don't mind the sims 4 sp because I like more content. Gameplay is is a big thing for me but I like that the stuff pack focus on giving us more CAS and build mode items. I also think that they are a good deal for 10 bucks. I currently own all of them and I use most of them except spooky stuff since it based on Halloween decor and so I rarely use it.

I'm excited for romantic garden stuff because it not as Valentines base as much as Halloween. For example I can see myself using the outfits, the fountain and the wishing well compared to the pumpkin carver. Also with the fountain I want to incorporate it in the Von Haunt estate!!!!:)

Mitchi32 and Kit like this.
  7. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

While custom content adds a wonderful variety of aesthetic to our games, they cannot replace the gameplay value that comes from stuff packs that includes new interactions with new animations and the like. Yeah, modders can create new animations, but unless they have the dedication that a development team does, getting those animations to be smooth alongside our actual gameplay would take a lot of time and effort. Difficult to do for free, that's for sure.

I think the stuff packs are great for this sole reason. Not to mention there are a lot of people that will not use custom content. And that's okay!

Mitchi32 likes this.
  8. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

This also. I prefer Maxis Match. I love the graphics of TS4, and even if I didn't, I'd still prefer my game to look consistent.

9. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

I really like the stuff packs this time around as well. I want to try and not go crazy with custom content as I did with Sims 2. Still it is hard, already my mods folder is over a gig!!! I need a support group. The custom content that attracts me the most is the "broken down" type items. I often like to play poor down on their luck sims, and most of the game stuff is too nice.

10. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Stuff Packs are good because they don't cost as much as a full game and they are made to fit in the game.