1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SimsVIP will be undergoing scheduled server maintenance on December 10, 2016 from 12:01AM Central Time (-6 GMT) until 1:01AM Central Time. During this time, SimsVIP will be offline while crucial server maintenance is performed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice

The Big Announcement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DerMonarch, Sep 30, 2014.

1. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

So, we've got 23 hours to go until "The Big Announcement".
    In case you've missed it, the SimGurus are going to make an announcement in tommorow's broadcast, which seems to be connected to "something spooky" and the avatars they've updated their twitter accounts to this week. You can find all the info we've got here:
    http://simsvip.com/2014/09/30/the-sims-4-big-reveal-tomorrow-at-noon-pacific/
    http://simsvip.com/2014/09/30/the-sims-4-another-wednesday-teaser/
    http://simsvip.com/2014/09/29/the-sims-4-upcoming-content-tease/
    http://simsvip.com/2014/09/29/the-sims-4-new-game-content-coming-soon/

Now, I wanted to know, what do you think about those hints and the big announcement? What do you expect it to be? What do you hope it is? What would you not want it to be? Gnomes, Ghosts, Clothes, Objects, a patch, the first actual DLC Set? Share your thoughts!

2. Meka3514

Meka3514

I hope it's another world to play in. I wish it were an EP, but historically, it usually take 5-6 months for the 1st EP release, so I'm not expecting that.
    Adding ghosts back into the game would be cool....Supernatural in TS3 was my favorite expansion by far, so if they made something similar that would be so cool. I don't want it to be Clothes or Costumes, etc. They're hyping it up....so I can't wait to see what it is.!!!!

3. elsing

elsing

What I really really want is editable worlds, as in move lots and paint terrain and stuff. I don't think I'm gonna get that tho.
    A way to colour objects would be sweet too.
    What I actually think we will get is premium content. I want more hairstyles and more objects.
    Way too early for the next EP but if it is then something like Open for Business or Night Life would be cool.
    I hope it's not something supernatural, gimmicky or silly (cow plant, aliens , gnomes) I get that other people like them it's just not my thing.

4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I guess whatever it is will come in a patch like download? It said to check on your sims they'll have unexpected guests or whatever- I think it's ghosts. Or maybe toddlers? That seems scary- back from the dead LOL but I don't think so.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  5. benji_br

benji_br

Hahaha that was a creepy comment!

I really have no idea what this could be. Yes, it could be a Halloween themed DLC pack, or maybe it could be the announcement of a new world - maybe a ghost town. We'll have to wait and see if new worlds will come with new objects (premium content in TS3) to know if that is something to be expected.

And this is something that cannot be left aside: The fact that they're doing this one day after a live broadcast about building - but, if you look closely, they made it clear it was about customizing worlds.

As for the gnomes... I don't know. Magic gnomes first appeared in Making Magic, so maybe they're doing a spooky pack that features them again. But I really don't know what to expect this time.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  6. Elanor Breton

Elanor Breton

I really, really hope it's going to be toddlers. But I have a feeling it will be something small and unimpressive :(

7. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Ooh a ghost town would be super cool! But I could see a DLC pack with Halloweenie items more so though. SIGH
    I was never a fan of Stuff packs and DLCs, I'd rather just have them put it all in big eps and call it done.

benji_br likes this.
  8. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

benji_br and Meka3514 like this.
  9. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

*reads the word pools*
    *bursts into tears*

I knew they'd patch them in EVENTUALLY, I just didn't for a second think it would be THIS soon! OMG!

Meka3514 likes this.
  10. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I AM SO HAPPY, not BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN BUT BECAUSe.. OH sorry caps...

I'm happy because this just shows that Sims 4 is managed by DIFFERENT people who love fans more than they love money. Sure, there is an emphasis on the words "3 FREE updates" but still.

We're not going to be paying for TWO things that people consider "staples" (pools and ghosts)

I hope thsi will shut people up. I'm serious.

I'm happy this is the route they have went for, and not any other. I am also surprised that the Premium Service has still no information.

Question is... HOW THE HELL ARE GNOMES related in this?

uhleeshuh and Meka3514 like this.