1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The Jameson Siblings

Discussion in 'Stories and Legacies' started by DerMonarch, Jul 19, 2015.

1. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I've had this story running on my Simblr for a couple of weeks now, so I thought, why not share it with the SimsVIP community?
    It was born out of my frustration over losing two save files I had worked on for weeks due to my own stupidity. I didn't expect this story to work as well as it did and I've actually really gotten into it now.

"The Jameson Siblings" is a story about family. But not in the traditional sense. It is about the bond between siblings, but it is also about some harsh realities many children have to face everyday, when parents are no loving role-models, but terrifying monsters. It is about a young man, his little sister and their struggle to start a new life, after leaving behind the nightmare that was their home.

Out of convenience, the story will continue to unfold on my Simblr, but in this thread I want to give you a closer introduction to the characters in this story and their individual background.

You can read "The Jameson Siblings" by clicking here or on the bold title above.
    But before you do, a little disclaimer!
    Due to the family theme of this story, I am keeping it entirely family-friendly. That is not the case for every post on my Simblr, though. So if you are uncomfortable with anything NSFW, do not go exploring beyond the Jameson story without having the appropriate tags blocked!
    Further, while child abuse is not a direct part of this story, it does feature its victims and the topic is being discussed. If you are easily triggered by this topic, please avoid this story for your own sake.

Enjoy and don't be afraid to leave your comments!

The Characters...

[​IMG]
    Damian Jameson is probably the closest thing to a main character for this story. He has grown up among the upper-class of Helgenstett, home town of the well-respected Van Helgens. But his childhood was not what one would expect from a wealthy boy like him.
    With the death of his father, shortly after his 9th birthday, Damian's life changed forever. His mother had always been an alcoholic with little skill in raising children, but as soon as she was in charge of her household, she showed her true colours. From this young age, Damian had to face the abusive behaviour of his mother. He was tormented, both mental and physically.
    But with 19, Damian finally gathered the strength to stand up to his greatest fear and report her to the authorities. Soon, his nightmare should be over and not only did his mother lose all of her three children, Damian also received custody of his sister, Bethany.
    Together, they moved to Falmora City, the home of Damian's boyfriend, to start a new and better life.

[​IMG]
    Bethany "Bethy" Jameson is Damian's little sister and the middle child of the Jameson family. Lucky to not only be born a girl, but also her mother's mirror image, Bethany did not face the same level of abuse as her brothers. Still, she was afraid of her mothers and hated her for the pain she caused Damian, the most important person in Bethany's life.
    She had just been born when her father died, but always loved the stories Damian told her about what seemed to be a great man who loved his children dearly.
    Bethany was 9 years old when the courts decided against her mother and she left Helgenstett with Damian. Since then, not only did the bond between the two siblings grow stronger than ever before, but she also found a great friend and new brother in Quentin, Damian's boyfriend.

[​IMG]
    Quentin "Q" Dean was a great athlete in his Teenage years, but soon had to retire after he broke his leg in a race gone horribly wrong. Since then, he found his calling as part of a big developer, specializing in virus protection software.
    Damian and Quentin met online and had only seen each other in person a couple of times before they became a couple. It was his encouragement and the help of Quentin's cousin, a lawyer, that made Damian strong enough to fight his mother.
    It was always clear to Quentin, that Damian and Bethany could live with him after they got out of Helgenstett. In his own words: "I'd do anything to make you two happy!"

[​IMG]
    Johan Ritchie, the neighboor's son and Bethany's best friend. A musical genius, but sadly without any real social skills.

[​IMG]
    Nadia Ritchie is Johan's mother. She feels deeply for Damian and Bethany and is ready to help out whenever she is needed. Nadia quickly became not only a role-model for Bethany but also a mother figure.

[​IMG]
    Morana Jameson had always been the beauty behind her wealthy husband. Little did the press know that she was not only an alcoholic but also an abusive wife and mother. When the truth behind her family went public and her children were taken from her, she lost it completely and had to be forced into a mental hospital.
    Years later, Morana's therapist confirmed that the therapy had worked and after months of close supervision, the court returned custody of her youngest son to Morana.
    Damian and Bethany, however, were never informed of this.

[​IMG]
    Little is known about Dimitri Jameson, as he grew up very sheltered, out of his mother's reach. It was only recently that an arsonist forced him and Morana to leave Helgenstett shortly after he was returned to his mother.

[​IMG]
    Bobbie and Damian grew up together. What started out as a very close friendship eventually grew into much more. The boys were a couple for almost 4 years before Damian met Quentin and instantly fell in love with him. Not trying to salvage a relationship that was already doomed, Damian broke up with Bobbie. But the boys did remain best friends until the day Damian and Bethany left Helgenstett.

[​IMG]
    Gabriella Dean, lawyer and self-proclaimed cocktail queen, is Quentin's oldest and closest cousin. She played a vital role in Damian's fight against his mother and made not only sure he would receive custody of Bethany but also a job at Falmora's hospital to make a living.
    She did all of that out of the kindness of her heart without charging Damian a dime.

2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

What an interesting story! I look forward to reading it!

3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Update: Gabriella has just made her first appearance in the story.

Posts are currently scheduled to release a new part of the story every 2 hours. So keep checking back here (chronological) or here (newest first) if you like what you're seeing.