1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The one thing I have in mind when it comes to EPs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Jan 20, 2015.

1. benji_br

benji_br

I know we're all always sharing our ideas for future expansion packs, stuff packs and now also game packs. Regardless of theme, the one thing I believe would be great for TS4 additional content is one word: integration.

I don't know what perspective you guys have, but for me TS2 packs were much more integrated to the base game than TS3 ones. For me, those felt like individual packs that rarely ever communicated amongst themselves. Having one stage for Showtime and another one for Late Night is just an example.

With TS2, I remember seeing a content from a late EP and thinking "that will be cool in my university neighborhood", but that rarely happened with TS3. Maybe Supernatural was the one exception, since you could have all those lifestates doing pretty much anything in the game, but that's it.

I believe, and I know many of you will agree, that we had a good start with Outdoor Retreat. It feels like it really added to the core game at the same time it stands out with its own identity. I just hope the team will keep this in mind when developing their future ideas.

But this is just my opinion. What do you guys think? =)

2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

You are right about Supernatural, not because of the life states but because of that stone if you owned Season, which was the only true integration between expansion packs

I mean in Sims 2 you could build Apartments in Nightlife's Downtown.

FreeTime, Seasons and Pets worked so well (Dogs coudl eat snow for example), FreeTime worked with everything..

I agree, Sims 3 never felt like they worked, and I think Seasons was theo nly thing that kind of worked with everything but even that was just by default.

benji_br likes this.
  3. Meka3514

Meka3514

Definitely....some interesting comments. TS2 was hands-down very integrated and everything flowed. Even though that game is over 10 years old, it's the best. There was a lot of thought put into it.
    In TS3, I forced the integration. I would go into a World, (lets say the World for Showtime for example) and save all the buildings I wanted in the Library. I would add them to any World I was playing in. So I always could play Showtime & I could always play Late Night regardless of what World I was playing in. But this is what I found fun about TS3. I loved tearing down all the lots and adding others.....creating my own world to incorporate all the EP's. The only one that never worked was Island Paradise. I never could add the Diving Spots to any other World, so that EP did feel alone.

In regards to TS4, I hope they integrate the EP's and GP's, etc. I agree Outdoor Retreat was a great start. But I just don't think you can build great EP's on a structure that's not well put together. TS4 is missing some MAJOR features that messes with certain styles of gameplay. This is just my opinion, but if they don't fix some of the core, it won't matter the EP or how it's integrated.

benji_br likes this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

Goodness, you just described how I have always played TS3 hahaha The first thing I did whenever a new world came out, I would look for my favorite buildings, try my best to update them with other content I owned and then build a world with them.

But yeah, I never mentioned Seasons because it obviously added new gameplay that was easily combined with other EPs and Premium Content from the Store, but it all still felt separated.

Please, Gurus, have this in mind! =)

5. Meka3514

Meka3514

You're absolutely right though....TS3 never did have that true integrated feel like TS2. You had to manually manipulate it. I didn't mind manually manipulating things....I moved other people in from other worlds...& with story progression it seemed to sort of fit and feel integrated to some extent.
    I honestly can't put my finger on it 100% what TS4 is missing that doesn't give me that same feel. Maybe it's because I don't feel like I'm in control anymore like before. Like, I can't just move out 1 Sim from the household. I have to go to Manage Worlds to do it, & by the time I Resume play on the household, none of the Sims are doing what I had them doing before. It's like 'no, I told you to play the piano, why are you on the computer'.
    TS4 has so much potential...but I do hope like you said that they keep integrating EP's and give us better ways to manipulate things. Even though TS3 wasn't fully integrated, I had to problem putting my own touch to every world....since I was in control. We don't have those options (yet) with TS4 and I'm not sure if we're going to get them. The smaller versions of the worlds & achievement game-play style reminds me of the Console versions for Xbox and PlayStation.
    OK...I'm off topic now....so I'm going to end this post LOL

benji_br likes this.
  6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I think a lot of that is already sort of addressed because you can travel between worlds. I can have family members living in two different worlds and they can visit each other etc. If they keep that the same... have a downtown core... then my sims who live in oasis springs can do everything downtown has to offer but still live in the desert.

I absolutely agree about TS3 - it's the only time I was determined to create my own playable world - so I could create a world that had everything in it. There was never enough space to do everything... which I thought was needed especially in a legacy challenge where you don't want to create the same sim over and over unintentionally through the generations.

JohnBigOz likes this.
  7. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Yes, I asked Daniel about the world system and he said adding existing districts/hoods to a world is nearly impossible, but BECAUSE of the way the worlds work in Sims 4 that isn't a problem since I am fine with new worlds that can be added on, but we DO need t choose which ones we get.

Mitchi32 likes this.
  8. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I also think the Sims store ruined a lot of things for me in regards to TS3 - I'm a dedicated fan and just out of curiousity added up what I spent on it. It was astronomical! I wanted the premium content, which required a whole new world, which I would only take bits and pieces of to existing world. Then... because a lot of cool premium content was being released separately, I felt the EPs were pretty bare...
    lol. Ugh... I sounds so complainey... I'm just way happier with the way they are doing things this time around so far... hopefully they keep it up. :cool:

9. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I despised the content, it was WAY overpriced, it was not resonably priced at all.

Mitchi32 likes this.