1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sims 4 Island Paradise

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AtomicSimmer, Mar 19, 2016.

1. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I think that EA should do Island Paradise for the Sims 4. In the sims 3 this was a great concept and I think in the Sims 4 it could be improved even more. I really liked the underwater mode and all the cool activites. I hope they bring something like this back. How about you awesome simmers?

2. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

Well IP was so buggy, so I hope they do a bit better with that. I would love a beach type destination to add to Granite Falls. That would really make my day. I would just be happy with swimming, sunning and sand castles.

3. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

@Mendota I don't think it was just IP that was buggy I think the whole series of Sims 3 was buggy.

Mendota likes this.
  4. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

I tend to agree, but I try to be kind since there are so many that liked Sims 3 despite the issues. I wasn't one of them.

5. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Yes IP was a great expansion pack, I especially liked the house boats and also how they added the diving in to it as well :) the thing I didn't like was how hotels were rabbit holes, that really took a lot of the fun out of it for me but also as @Mendota said, the entire series was very buggy and when I first got IP my PC just couldn't play it because of all the bugs! But yes, IP was one of the best Sims 3 expansion packs - once my PC could play it o_O

I would like to see another IP for The Sims 4, but of course we would require more of an open world map for the diving and the house boats. But it is definitely something I would like to see :) and I would definitely hope that EA will this time make it so hotels aren't rabbit holes... *fingers crossed*

Matthew.

6. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

There were pros and cons to Island Paradise... I didn't play it as much as expansions like Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, University and Seasons... those were my top fav expansions from the past series. Anywho... I have a strong feeling that we will get a vacation-themed expansion later on as the base expansions come out: generations, seasons/weather, education/university, and romance.

What I'm hoping for is a vacation-themed expansion that will give us two or three vacation worlds- an island with its own variant of Castaway built into the island world, along with a functional beach and resort. Perhaps even a hidden lot underwater where sims could live as merfolk, rather than just magically becoming merfolk once they walk-in/out of water. The second world I would like to have with a "vacations" themed EP is a mountain ski resort complete with snowboarding ramps and pipes, ski slopes, and a rustic lodge our sims can book a couple of nights at, or even rent cabins. As for a third world... maybe something with tiny little tourist stops like mini-golf and go-carts for the kids, and a couple of landmarks that had interesting features and interactions. You know, kind of like a "middle" between traveling to either the beach or the snow-capped mountains.

7. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

Those are really great ideas @2HubbiesNLove. Wow I get excited at just the thought of them. I really liked the mountain resort in Sims 1 where the sims could go snowboarding. Primitive as that game is by today's standards, it really gave you a feel of your sims traveling and going places. I loved the boardwalk by the sea with the little games (whack a sim) and the sandcastles, the rides, and camping. Hope against hope that some of those things come back.