1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SimsVIP will be undergoing scheduled server maintenance on December 10, 2016 from 12:01AM Central Time (-6 GMT) until 1:01AM Central Time. During this time, SimsVIP will be offline while crucial server maintenance is performed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice

The Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dimi, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Dimi

Dimi

Now launch is nearly upon us I'm wondering more and more if EA/Maxis are going to launch something along the same vein as The Sims 3 store for additional content. Now that the gallery is integrated into the game, a section of it could be dedicated to new content (hopefully at cheaper prices but that's wishful thinking).

What do you think they will/should do this time around? As much as people complained about pricing, I found the mass of content the store provided really added to my game.

Also, does anyone know at what point TS3 store was announced because I think at this point for that game I'm sure the additional content (Riverview etc) was being advertised...

2. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

I for one hope they ditch the store and go back to filling the expansion and stuff packs.

If they do decide to go this route, they should make the stuff inexpensive. No one should have to pay hundreds of dollars just to complete their game.

Jase, blossums, rye_encoke and 3 others like this.
  3. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

From what I understand, we will receive all "DLC" via Origin, similar to how SimCity was set up. I have no idea if we will get an in game version, but I was pretty loud at Creator's Camp about them having an online based gallery. I don't want to have to log in my game to check if my favorite creator has uploaded new content. Same with store content. I want to be able to see it on the go. ;)

Thoddy and Mama_Lamb_ NC like this.
  4. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Totally agree with you. I pray that they leave the gallery as it is; a way for players to share content, and focus on adding their content to the EPs & SPs. I love TS3, but the honest truth is, TS2 EPs & SPs were better, because they were totally dedicated to making them the best they could possibly be. With TS3, it's like they only put half the effort in, because they knew that anything they didn't add to an EP could just be added to the store, for a shed-load more money. The prices there were crazy; some of that premium content was the same price as an entire EP! :confused:

Jase likes this.
  5. Dimi

Dimi

I agree that the quality of TS2 SP/EPs were better and the pricing of TS3 store was way disproportionate to the content you received sometimes. I do feel that after TS3, waiting 2-3 months between SP/EPs for new content would mean I might lose interest (I'm a builder and new buy/build content is always inspiring for me) but I do realise I'm only one type of player among many and if I had to choose, quality is better than volume.

6. Dimi

Dimi

I'm glad you were vocal about it Alexis because to me, the SimCity model really didn't work at all and I don't want to get tied to Origin anymore than I have to.

7. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

I'm not liking the Origin connection either. If the Demo is anything to go by, you will need to be signed in to start the game. I know, I know, you don't have to be connected. But that's not the point. I want an Origin free experience. :p

Thoddy, QuanishaJenkins and Dimi like this.
  8. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I am not a fan of TS3 Store- but at the same time, I have the kind of personality where I need to have as much as possible. So I am totally a hypocrite and admit it - I have spent way to much money on TS3, and if it is the same for TS4 - I will be thoroughly disappointed and may not buy anything out of fear that once I buy one premium content item, I may end up buying them all.
    I loved a lot of TS2 stuff packs - the one that sticks out the most is the IKEA pack - I hate IKEA furniture, but when you have a YA starting out in a apartment, the stuff was perfect, and I feel like we got way more for $20.

Dimi likes this.
  9. QuanishaJenkins

QuanishaJenkins

I can feel it coming, hoping its not going to be overpriced whatever it is :)

10. George

George

I think there will be a store but it won't be as big as it was in the Sims 3. Maybe there will be a new feature in the Gallery that will function like a store? We will have to wait and see.