1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The work bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joostbosmans, Oct 4, 2014.

1. joostbosmans

joostbosmans

I've just played TS4, but when my Sim returns from work I can't controll him.
    "Leave work early doesn't work,so I quit and rejoin the same job.
    Now it's working again.
    Is there a fix for this problem?

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

This is a known bug. The fix is rather easy, as most of the time a loading screen fixes it. So if you've got a Sim at home, you can try to just let them travel to another lot and back home.
    If this doesn't work or all of your Sims are at work, you can just save, go to the main menu and load the game again. The second one is a bit of a hassle, but hopefully the bug will be fixed in the near future.
    It does seem to occur randomly, so I can imagine that it is a bit harder to track the reason for this bug down.

3. Harry

Harry

That happened to me and I went through so many loding screens and nothing changed so I had to make my sim quit their job. Then it happened to the same sim again so now I will leave him as a stay at home dad until this gets fixed.

4. joostbosmans

joostbosmans

5. Mandababy2003

Mandababy2003

I had a similar issue with my sim and his job. I loaded my game up one day and it showed him as being at work, his picture was greyed out. So I thought nothing of it, until later that sim day I see him walking around the house. So I tried to double click on his picture to zoom in on him and it wouldn't let me. I could control him however, I could have him do things, interact, etc. I could not see his needs, or aspirations or anything though (as if he really were at work).

Also on his picture, the little outline of a person was not there, but the briefcase was indicating he was working. Without that little person to click on I could not tell him to leave early or anything. I reloaded my game several times, reset my sim, etc but it never fixed it. Eventually 3 sim days passed and it was time for him to go back to work and he went as he was supposed to, then once he came back from work he was normal again.

6. Cody

Cody

Whew I am glad I am not the only one :( Nothing has worked!