1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Tilt Camera?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Photojunkie86, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Photojunkie86

Photojunkie86

How do you raise/lower or tilt the camera? I want to take screenshots of a house I built but I can't tilt down to get a good shot of it with TS4 camera controls. I really don't want to switch between TS3 and TS4 controls because I really like the new camera otherwise and have gotten used to it; plus, it's a pain! :)

Surely there's a way.....right?

2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

Have you tried using tab? I'm not familiar with the new camera controls, but that always gives me a nice range to shoot.

Hopefully someone can provide a better answer for you.

3. Photojunkie86

Photojunkie86

Thanks Alexis but I've tried just about every button on my keyboard to no avail, lol. I'm beginning to think they didn't put the ability in the game, except for TS3 controls, which doesn't make sense.

4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

To switch to TS3 controls, while in-game hit Ctrl+Shift+Tab, or go to the Game Options and root around and you will come across something like "Turn on/off TS3 controls" Note: I have noticed that when I play with the camera controls, my sims reset.

Are you talking about holding the scroll button down on the mouse and moving up and down?
    If you're looking to get a shot at ground level, zoom in as far as you can, scoot back to like across the street or something, and tilt up.

Hope that helps!

5. Photojunkie86

Photojunkie86

I wish I could try the scroll button thing but my mouse has one that you touch to scroll up and down (the harder you push one way, the faster it scrolls), so everytime I try to press it, it just scrolls instead of working like a button. Maybe I'll have to try another mouse but I'll definitely try the other thing next time I play.

6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

The camera mode Alexis suggested is probably the best way to get good screenshots. If you tap Tab once you enter camera mode and the UI should disappear. This mode allows you to move the camera with WASD, you can move the camera up and down with Q and E and with the mouse you can turn the camera into every direction. This is the only possibility to have free reign over the tilt of the camera without using the Sims 3 controls. But this camera mode only works in Live Mode, not in Build Mode. So it's either this or Sims 3 controls. Sorry!

7. Photojunkie86

Photojunkie86

Thanks so much DerMonarch, I never thought to hit other buttons while in tab. It worked exactly like I needed it to. Thanks again!!