1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Toddlers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thijs, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Thijs

Thijs

Hello everybody!

I think that the developers will include Toddlers in the next free game upgrade. What Features would you like to see? And do you like Toddlers in the game or not? Please leave a message!

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  2. Cody

Cody

I do not play with generational families, I stick to young adults and adults. I think if they make the younger age groups more interesting and complex then I would delve into it but as of now Toddlers missing does not effect me. I do understand though the importance of them for those who do play. Confession time-I was worried the first EP was going to be dedicated to adding features that the fans have been roaring about like toddler like a Generations expansion pack when I could not care less about the feature. Now if it is the second EP expanding on the age groups like Toddler I be perfectly fine with that I just wanted the 1st EP to be something I wanted. Ha selfish right :p. The two expansion packs I am looking most forward to is the Town Life one where it allows for more customization of the town, governing it etc. and I pray it comes into fruition becoming more than just a concept. Now the second expansion pack that I want we all know is going to happen WITHOUT a doubt is a Hot Date/Night Life/Late Night EP which surely will add proper restaurants PEASE PEASE PWETTY PEASE! I am not much of a club person but if the clubs expontentially improve on the completely failed clubs of Late Night that be fantastic.

As for features I really want and would more than complete the game for me are
    1.Restaurants
    2.Basements

That is all I want ^_^!!! Sims 4 for my play style is the perfect Sims game that I always wanted. From everything visually to build mode. Anything else would just be icing onto the cake. Like more build mode items like a middle class furniture set for example or an expanded window options. I apologize for typing a book :(.

Kokoro80, Esnes Nommoc and Thijs like this.
  3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

As happy as I'd be for those who want them back more than anything, I think that's as good as impossible. Sure, we don't know when the next free content patch is going to happen, so it could be possible that we won't see one until toddlers make a return. However, I think the time period until then would be too long. If toddlers come back for free without being part of an expansion, we will most likely not see them anytime soon. Creating an entire life stage is huge. Even if they could concentrate all their efforts on it in the form of an expansion, it would still take months. You can easily double that amount of time for a free patch, since those probably don't have a very high priority compared to EPs, GPs or bug fixes. And I don't see them waiting an entire year before releasing the next free content patch. As nice as it would be for a lot of people, getting your hopes up to see them soon will most likely only end up in disappointment. It's a giant project in on itself and making if free would stretch it out even more. Personally, though it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong about free content patches, I don't think we will see toddlers return before 2016. And if we do get them back in 2015, it would probably be at the very least connected to an expansion, if not entirely part of that expansion.

benji_br and Pyziulka like this.
  4. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

I don't think that they include toddlers any time soon. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. I'm afraid that they never add them as a free patch, but on the other hand nothing is impossible ;)

I only play families so toddlers would be great for me. And more "baby things" please ;)

5. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

The most likelyhood is adding them World Adventures style, i.e add them for free when a say Generations-esque expansion pack comes out.

However someone mentioned that it seems that at one point or another 2 new age slots existed for Sims 4.

6. Pink_Plumbob

Pink_Plumbob

I would like the toddlers to stand on their feet once they learn how to walk, and have some nice interactions.

7. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

The game currently has two inactive empty age slots, as far as I know. Whether they have always been there as placeholders or were introduced recently via patches is currently unknown. Were they introduced through patches, that would be confirmation that they are already preparing the development of new life stages. But as I said, nobody really knows if they've always been there and we just didn't notice them until now.

8. Meka3514

Meka3514

One of the Gurus in last week's forum did confirm that we would be getting a patch in March. But it was never said or confirmed what that patch would consist of.
    If toddlers make an entrance at some point into our game, I think it'll be great. I play family/legacy, so I'd like to see them at some point. But toddlers were never a deal breaker for me. My wish list right now are some of the bugs that need to be fixed. I LOVE that we have family trees...but the relationship panel doesn't match for step relationships or half relationships. I still have my step-father flirting with my step-daughter in my game, which is a little annoying. A lot of Simmers are experiencing Gallery crashes. For me, I'd rather see bugs fixed versus adding in new content, w/exception to a restaurant.

9. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I don't think we'll getting them in March, they are a complicated feature that would most likely need a lot of man-power to create. likely with a Generation-esque expansion pack.

benji_br likes this.
  10. Kokoro80

Kokoro80

It's possible that toddlers were always meant to be in the game, maybe they were pulled out or held back to fix issues/complete work on them without holding up the release? If this is the case then they could have been working on them all this time so even though extra life stages are a huge amount of work they might not be too far off. The other possibility is that they are planned for a future EP, which I wouldn't mind as I'd prefer well fleshed out, actually fun to play with toddlers rather than free patched boring/limited ones. I do feel like I need them in my game, even though I never really liked the toddlers in TS3, I just really need a more natural aging process visually.

Cody likes this.