1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to log into Origin; port forwarding

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Mitchi32, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I am going to lose my mind. I had issues with my Origin account before, and after dealing with multiple people, I sort of fixed it myself by finding my own work around.

However... today when I logged into Origin, it wasn't going online so I could get the update.

I followed the advice on the help forums, and of course, they said to uninstall/reinstall Origin (...again), which I did, however now I'm unable to log in at all!

I tried temporarily disabling my antivirus, which didn't work.

I believe my ports are closed, and I'm following a step by step to open them, but my router isn't recognizing my IP... I don't want to purchase a port forwarder if this is not the issue.

I don't understand why I am unable to log into Origin yesterday, but I'm completely blocked out today.

I tried contacting EA through their help page, but it keeps timing out (!!!).

I'm wondering if anybody could please help me.

2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

So I'm actually unable to login to anything EA related... on my PC (thought it was a Chrome issues) as well as my iPad through Safari... I have no idea what's going on... if it's a server issue or and issue on my end. :sob::rage::persevere:

3. Yogibear

Yogibear

I had the same frustrating problem! This instruction did help me:

1. Make sure your date and time on your computer is the correct time and date.
    2. Right click on the origin icon on your desktop, go to properties, then click the compatibility tab, make sure "run as administer" is checked, then check "run this program in compatibility mode for", then select your OC
    3. Click apply, then restart origin.

Hope, it will be useful! Good luck!

4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I tried all of those things yesterday and nothing worked.

I was actually blocked out of everything EA related (no sign ins worked on anything - different browsers etc) and now it's fine... I'm guessing their servers were down or just very very busy! :sweatsmile:

5. Yogibear

Yogibear

I am glad that it`s fine now!:)

Mitchi32 and Kit like this.
  6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Me too! Thanks!!