1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Weddings...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Affiner, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Affiner

Affiner

Ok, color me confused. I was able to get two sims to marry but in order to move the groom into the house I had to go to...MANAGE HOUSEHOLDS??? So ok...I did that. Got him all moved in. So tell me, why do they still have different last names???

If you haven't guessed my question by now its...HOW DO I CORRECT THIS? LOL

2. Saranis

Saranis

I'd just like to point out that in the real world getting married doesnt automatically confer your spouses surname to you. My husband and I have different surnames because in order for me to have my surname changed I would need to appear in a Maryland court and present evidence of a foreign wedding. I live in New Zealand and its unreasonable to require me to fly back to the United States simply to change my name.

3. Affiner

Affiner

Ok but, firstly I didn't have to fly my sims anywhere. They lived in the same town. Secondly, I believe in taking the man's last name when getting married. We could change the names in TS3. At least we had the option to do so there. I do not believe we do in TS4. And finding the groom in "Manage Households" was not an easy chore. Who wants to lose their spouse?

4. Jordan

Jordan

I guess we should at least have the option .. #GoMaryland

5. Meka3514

Meka3514

Affiner I feel you on this. I posted this in another thread. Im hoping this is something they will fix.