1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird message when opening Sims4 to play

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Elaine T. Kirby, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Elaine T. Kirby

Elaine T. Kirby

The last couple of times I played Sims4 it crashed on me. I have Windows 10 & a 2014 Alien Laptop; now as I'm trying to play the game again I'm getting this message:

The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this saved game.

When I see the updates on SimsVIP I do what they show to make sure that my game is updated & it seems that since the last update I now have this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? & how do I fix it without buying what I already have?

Thanks,

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Since your game seems to be running on the latest patch, you are dealing with a corrupted save game.
    Crinrict has listed a good solution for this issue, although you will likely have to revert to your last stable save and loose a few hours of progress. If none of the suggested solutions work, then there is nothing you can do to rescue that save.

Here the link to Crin's Blog: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-game-was-saved-with-an-earlier-version/