1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What about a twist in a future celebrity system?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Jan 5, 2016.

1. benji_br

benji_br

Let's be realistic, chances are there will be a celebrity system coming to TS4 - let's just hope they'll take it easy on the papparazzi this time!

The thing is, I was thinking and I had an idea that I think could improve the game. We've had the chance to see our sims have fans and give out autographs and stuff... but what about having our sims be fans of another sim?

Sure, they could ask for autographs and get starstruck in TS3 when they saw a celebrity, but I'm talking about being a fan of someone specifically, maybe not even a big celebrity. It could be your sim who is an aspiring author being a fan of an established writer (another sim in a higher career level), or maybe an athlete or musician.

They could blog about their idols, make friends with other fans, maybe have a poster of that other sim on their wall. Interacting with their idol could have different outcomes, like making the sim confidend or inspired, or maybe, depending on their traits, they could get really happy or really tense around them.

And then also our sims could have their own fans and the number of fans would also determine their celebrity rating/score. I think it would give a new depth to the system and give something to the players who do not want to play with celebrities.

What do you guys think?

2. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Hmm Superstar was very well done pack in the previous sims series and so was into the future so a rehash of a into the future expansion and superstar would be very interesting.

3. benji_br

benji_br

I meant the celebrity system introduced in TS3 Late Night =)

4. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Oh I'm bad yeah that would be a good thing to have too.

5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Two things that completely ruined the Celebrity experience for me and ultimately made me turn it off was, as you mentioned the paparazzi, as well as everyone in my world was becoming a celebrity. In one of my legacy game files, by the fourth generation or so, the majority of townies were three star celebrities. It just annoyed me.

I do miss having my sim audition and perform on stage. It was fun!

benji_br likes this.
  6. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I agree. The paparazzi were very frustrating. All it took was talking to a celebrity to get them to follow you around it seemed. I didn't want my Sim to be famous, I just wanted them to be friendly. Lol. Maybe they can make it so only Played Households will be able to gain fame and of course have a few NPCs that we can associate with. Ooooh. Such as with the Chalet Gardens, have a Hollywood sorta city with a few mansions that have celebrities! Then you can hobnob if you want and they can have their own background and story.

ShaylaJ and benji_br like this.
  7. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

Maybe the celebrity system would be nice as some paths in jobs and/or its own career? For instance, being in music or acting and stuff, Sims are gonna be celebrities, depending on what they choose, right (screenwriter v. actor, rockstar v. cellist)? But we also have famous scientists and stuff, so, maybe, have either a special popup during some jobs that has the option of making a Sim a celebrity. "Do this seminar and you'll be the darling of SimCity!" Or if a Sim gets really good with a skill and/or writes a lot of books and songs that get famous. Just, like, don't make it easy because in Sims 3 a Sim could just wave to celebrity and get famous. So annoying.

benji_br likes this.
  8. benji_br

benji_br

Yes, that is a good idea. Maybe it could have something to do with media exposure. If your sim who's a CEO gives a single interview, they could get like a boost at work performance. If they keep giving interviews, then write books about what they do, blog about it a lot and (this makes sense, so I'm adding it to the list) is seen hanging out with celebrities often (not once, but often), then they could also become famous.

I do like the idea that any sim could be famous, it was just very unrealistic and sort of annoying how it happened in TS3 :p

9. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I agree @JackieGoOutside - It would only make sense that the top of the Entertainer career would be a celebrity and that should have been tied in, with an option to activate it or something. That would definitely make less inactive sims famous, since the majority of them are unemployed :p

But then for the Sims in other career paths, or who are self-employed authors or painters, like @benji_br said it would be cool if they could make the celebrity status a skill or group of challenges they have to work at that would be unlocked once they reach a certain level in their career, or max out a skill like painting, or piano.

They could include fun rewards with the system too, like your sim on a magazine cover (no idea how they would do that) or awards. gold/ platinum records, nobel prize etc.

benji_br likes this.
  10. benji_br

benji_br

Yes, I hope the celebrity system will be more detailed and open to possibilities in TS4 when it comes out.

The main focus of my idea though, and maybe I didn't express it well (sorry, guys! English is not my first language =) ) was to have your sims being fans of other sims and how that could impact the gameplay. Imagine how cool it would be when you took your sims to the nightclub and they ran into their idol, or how they could form fan clubs to talk and gossip about their idols. I can see my teenage sims wanting to look like the ones they look up. And kids coming home with an autograph they could frame and hang on the wall.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be fun!

Adlw SimieskArt, ShaylaJ and Mitchi32 like this.