1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What about some new traits?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Jan 12, 2016.

1. benji_br

benji_br

What other traits would you like to see in the game?

I see a lot of people here in the forums asking for some of those from TS3 back, and I would love to see it happen. I get how more in-depth traits are (or are supposed to be) in TS4, but I do miss having a wider variety to choose from (as well as having fore traits associated to a sim, not just three).

Anyway, I'd love to see a "serious" type of trait, like someone who doesn't appreciate jokes and is always offended by them. Also shy, daredevil and paranoid.

This is controversial, but I would loooove to get a "stupid" trait!

What about you guys?

Mitchi32 likes this.
  2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I want sarcastic, which was mentioned in another thread but I don't really know how they would put that in the game.

Also, maybe instead of 'stupid', they could put in 'ditsy' or and 'airhead'. One never knows what can offend others nowadays. Someone who just spaces out, and doesn't understand jokes.

I miss the OCD trait from sims3. It was funny how they'd have to check the sink and stuff.

ShaylaJ and benji_br like this.
  3. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

I want a trait that makes Sims obsessive over supernatural and scifi Sims, you know, vampires, aliens, werewolves, mutants, etc. Wants to learn about them, wants to befriend them, wants to be them. Kinda like Knowledge Sims were like in Sims 2. Maybe even as an Aspirational Trait instead of a Trait-Trait, because that actually makes more sense (if they include Aspirations that are specific to Lifestates).

I also would like a Moviebuff Trait for the new SP (I'm not sure if there is one or not) since we have a Trait for books, games and food.

And it would be nice if we had Traits that we can get for accomplishing things in-game without having to buy. For instance, my Sim goes so many meals without eating meat, they gain the Vegetarian trait; or if my Sim reads a lot of books, they gain a Trait that let's them read faster for more boost to fun or something. Do a lot of pranks, gain a Trait that makes them better at doing pranks and even opens up new pranks to do. There's a lot of things that can be done with being able to gain Traits strictly from gameplay that they haven't tapped into, I think.

Mendota, Kit, Mitchi32 and 1 other person like this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

This is an AMAZING idea. Though I can see the developers arguing that this is the idea behind completing aspirations. But still, imagining a more organic way of incorporating new traits sounds so cool.

I agree with everything! OCD was a lot of fun and sarcastic would be awesome.

I remember one of the gurus saying a looooong time ago (I think it was for TS3) that they had an idea for a Loud trait. That has since been my favorite idea ever.

Oh and I want awkward back!

5. knewt93

knewt93

I would really love to get the Vegetarian trait back! I loved that it had a few recipes and that Sims where grossed out by meats. I think it would really pair well with all the hippie-ish Sims being made.

ShaylaJ and benji_br like this.
  6. WixTrix

WixTrix

I feel like a neurotic trait would be perfect! Jealous and insane aren't enough for me.

benji_br likes this.
  7. benji_br

benji_br

I just thought of another fun one: vain!

8. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

:microphone:You're so vain! You probably think this trait is about you! You're so vain! You probably think this trait is about you, don't you! Don't you?!:microphone:

benji_br likes this.
  9. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

Sensitive would be a cool trait. Every emotion is, like, +2 or +3 more intense but maybe they don't die from emotional deaths and their other Traits get amplified. (Like Squeamish Sims faint instead of being just gross out.)

Kit, Mitchi32 and benji_br like this.
  10. benji_br

benji_br

That song is priceless!

Best idea on this thread!

Kit likes this.