1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the things you dislike in The Sims 4?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Esnes Nommoc, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

What I dislike:
    + It seems Sims in CAS still don’t look like Sims in Live Mode. :confused2:
    + Only 3 traits to pick in CAS. This frustrated me so much. :rage: I know you can have more traits by completing aspirations, but it’s the traits in CAS what define a Sim’s personality.
    + The number of lots is kinda small.

So, what are the things you dislike IN The Sims 4?

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Check your graphic settings to make them look better in Live Mode.
    And are you wanting more lots for yourself? I can show you a way to move people out, but still have them visit the neighborhood.

3. cedricweehunt

cedricweehunt Staff Member

Are there no ceilings again or am I missing something? I really liked my ceilings, lol. I think the thing I dislike the most, is it seems in some aspects, the game went backward. I know, I know, I am trying to think of this is a new game and I am for the most part. I guess I am a creature of habit. The giggling and making funny noises while sleeping is rather annoying, but not a game breaker, just weird and what exactly are they dreaming about, haha. The constant getting up and down while eating or actually, while doing anything. They all sit down, then one sim grabs their plate and goes somewhere else, then comes back and then another sim will do the same thing. Sort of like putting puppies in a box. There are quite a few other things, but not really going into them right now. When I have my days off, will be able to get into the game more.

4. doll

doll

As for the sims not looking the same in live mode, I'd do as usleeshuh said and check graphics. Mine look exactly the same.

What I don't like is that there is no socializing with coworkers options while at work. I mean there is, but you don't actually meet the people you work with. That's about it, I guess. So far I'm loving everything else about the game, even the babies-jumping-into-children thing doesn't bother me as I thought it might.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  5. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah I decided to check out my graphics once I noticed that my one sim looked lean indoors then when she walked outdoors she looked like SHE-HULK.
    I was like "WHOA!"
    I also fixed the lighting in Live Mode too because that was bothering me lol

6. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

- The God-awful lighting in Live mode, with the sims looking darkened and shaded, although I managed to find a fix for this after 3 hours of testing. Still hope they fix it in a patch though

- The edge scrolling drives me insane, as it only works on the edges of the screen where there isn't part if the UI. So all of the bottom, the bottom left, top right and top middle in build mode all don't respond to edge scrolling, which gets infuriating after a while.

- The glitchy time controls, with the 1, 2, 3, 0 keys only changing the speed some of the time. Again, I've found a fix for this by hitting P and trying them again, but still something they need to fix.

- I'm disappointed with the job selections. I know they've marketed the game to be 'weirder', but I don't think it was fair to strip out all of the normal jobs; medical, law enforcement, business etc, for those of us who like to play realisic stories. If they wanted 'weird', they should've had those as well as the normal jobs. Hoping someone mods this soon.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now. All in all, I'm really happy with the game. It'd brand brand new; I think we all expected a few bugs and glitches, it happens. Even iPhones have bugs when they're first released, which Apple fixes in updates soon after!;) So... yeah. It has it's faults, but it's a solid game; I'm really excited to see where the next 5 years takes us!

7. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

I've never been good at creating Sims. Maybe the Sim in Live Mode looks much like how I created him, not how I want him to look like... :confused2:
    I took a couple of pictures of him:
    Screenshot (115).png Screenshot (119).png Screenshot (127).png Screenshot (130).png Screenshot (131).png

Oh and yes, I would like to know how to make more Sims visit the neighborhood, please. :grin: I just think if the world doesn't have more place for sims to stay then it will be like all those ghost worlds in The Sims 3. :(

Meka3514 likes this.
  8. Coblin King

Coblin King

Things I dislike so far?
    1. No repairman, which is odd. We have a maid and a pizza boy, but not repairman. My sim has to repair stuff all the time, I don't like it.
    2. The cars that take you to work are gone... A feature from Sims1 I'm kind of used to it and I'm not sure why it's missing. Now when it's time for work your sim just disappears into thin air. Even odder, there are actual 3D models of cars in the game. I've seen them, they drive around.
    3. The UI is pretty slick, however there's one that kinda bugs the heck out of me. I'm talking about items by category. Instead of the nice icons that represent different categories we have a clunky drop down text menu. Sounds like a minor thing, but I liked it in previous games and can't figure out why they broke it.
    4. Too much llamas and freezer bunnies. I mean they are pretty much everywhere. I get people love those, but it's getting kind of old. I hope they give the whole llama/freezer bunny thing a break.
    5. Collectibles seem like a real pain to manage and store. I just sold all the stuff my sim found and gave up on collecting for the time-being, my sim's house and inventory was getting cluttered with fossils, crystals, frogs and action figures.
    6. Speaking of inventory... Objects in the sim's inventory (and fridge) are kinda hard to manage. A lot of stuff looks kind of generic, so you have to hover over items to know what they are supposed to be.

These are minor issues, but they are features that could be easily improved.

9. TheAllu

TheAllu

Loading screens annoys me the most.

They take over a minute on my computer for some reason :/

MidnightPearl likes this.
  10. Laspyra

Laspyra

The biggest thing that bugs me so far is the harvestables/collectibles. I don't like how I can't sort them by quality when I'm going to fertilize my garden or use them as bait for fishing. The harvestables do get sorted by quality in your inventory, which is good. But when I'm going to use them as fertilizer or bait, there is no option to sort them by quality and that stinks. The interface is a big mess when you go to use them as bait for fishing or when fertilizing your garden.