1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What can be re-introduced into the sims 4.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geeuto, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Geeuto

Geeuto

Playing Get Together has really made me think of the future of the sims 4 and what new things can be added to the game. When get together came out a patch brought colored maps so I though. Can Maxis bring back features from past sims game to the sims 4.

For example. Could it be possible to release the patch where the sims 4 can be an opened world. Also for a side note for open worlds they should make it like a option or you can make your game be open world or loading screens if you have frame rate issues.

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I do not think that the engine would run well with open world. However, I feel they found a wonderful alternative in the large open neighborhoods. There's so much to see. Yes, we do have a loading screen to go next door. I don't like it much either. But I think that for the game to run so smoothly, it needs it for the population on each lot. I think that ship has sailed.

I would love to see the swimming in ocean and lakes, but I do not know if that's possible in this engine either, especially since a selling point was 'natural pools' for Get Together. I do believe they can bring back seasons easily enough which is a major must for me.

benji_br likes this.
  3. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

I think carpools could be possible. TS2 and TS1 carpools vanished when they reached the end of the lot. Maybe they could fix it to where the vehicle vanished when it reached the end of the street? Would be wonderful to have taxis, limos, school buses, and other forms of transportation pick our sims up instead of them mysteriously vanishing once they reached the mailbox.

Additional multiple floors. We can build 6 floors at the moment- 4 above ground and 2 below ground. I would love to have the ability to build high rises and skyscrapers in The Sims. Hopefully when we do get apartments in the future they'll give us the ability to build these types of apartments and lofts. As long as its not like TS3. I absolutely detested the skyrise apartments in Bridgeport. Along with apartments we could have the ability to merge 6 to 8 households onto one lot. Wouldn't it be awesome to go visit sims on a single lot and not have a loading screen?

Self-Employment just like TS2 Open for Business. GTW was a success IMO, but we are still limited in the business aspect. I enjoy my sims living on the same lot as their retail business is placed on. Why not incorporate that into the game in the future? We could run our cafe/bakery/whathaveyou... and yet our sims household living above the business without the annoyance of going back to a "residential" lot to just pay the bills and check up on family members. The future of owning tattoo parlors, salons, pizza parlors, etc..

Bicyles- we can walk and jog around the neighborhoods as of right now without loading, so why not bring back bicycles so our sims could go for a nice ride around the block, kids could ride their bikes around the neighborhood, and our sims could exercise by bicycling, or even traveling to other neighborhoods via cycling.

Pond tool. With GT we can build pools and fountains that have a pond appeal to it, but it's not the same IMO. I want the ability to build natural looking ponds. Beautiful gardens with waterfall features that cascade into ponds full of freshwater fish, butterflies and fireflies hovering over the water. We do have the ability to make curved foundations, so maybe they could include curved pond edges where the ground appears to slope instead of just dropping like it does with the fountain tool and pool tool.

And one other thing- a color wheel. Not a CASt, but the ability to create matching furniture, clothing, accessories, and decor. They (Maxis) said at the beginning that with the engine they couldn't do a couple of things due to the enging the game was designed on. Perhaps a color wheel would be doable in the future. I try to keep away from custom content, and since Maxis doesn't support custom content for TS4 a color wheel would create a gateway on the gallery. We could still share customized in-game objects/clothing/sims without the use of custom content- just customized colors.

Mitchi32 and benji_br like this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

I want more activities related to each age group (and yes, obviously more age groups). Things that would make teenagers more different from young adults and maybe more options for elders (maybe bonuses we unlock throughout other life stages and certain milestones), or maybe specific aspirations like children have. Speaking of children, I wish we had more make-believe options for them, like we did in TS3, and more group games, like playing tag as we had before =)

Mitchi32 likes this.
  5. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I think a must have for sims 4 would be seasons and pets if possible with this version. It was so cool how you could have horses in the sims 3. I also would have to say toddlers that's one of the biggest things people seem to want.

6. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

I think the Sims 4 engine is weaker than the one the Sims 3 ran on, which I think is one of the reasons why we now have closed worlds, other than for performance reasons of course :) So I don't think Open World will be coming back to the Sims 4 but I am quite hopeful for species to return, like vampires, werewolf's and witches :)

I was actually quite a big fan of the supernaturals and it was always fun in the Sims 3 to have a family of vampires living in a big scary house, or a sorcerer family :) So seeing them return in the Sims 4 would be great!!

And also for the future of the Sims 4 I am still looking forward to seeing toddlers return as well as more family options being added to the game :) I am also awaiting the Sims 4 Seasons. I know weather is kind of basic but I really love having weather in the Sims as it makes such a nice addition to the game, though if Seasons does come in 2016 I think we're likely to see it in Fall of 2016 :)
    I'm also interested to see the holiday/vacation pack for the Sims 4 :) For someone like myself who can't go out to go on holiday in real life I look forward to being able to do it in the Sims 4! But if the Sims 4 Survey is anything to go by then we could very well see a vehicle pack coming very soon or a rebuild the city type pack? I'd like to see both of those, but am more routing for toddlers first :)

Though I'm sure whatever's coming in the Sims 4's future is going to be awesome!!! :D

Matthew.

7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

toddlers toddlers toddlers we want toddlers give us toddlers now.

benji_br, ShaylaJ and grandmasim like this.
  8. gagasluxury

gagasluxury

What I wish they would recreate in a patch (since the thread isn't about packs ideas/stuff that never been done) are:
    1. Those sims 2 animation videos thing: remember they done those short videos for like a first kiss or marriage? I kinda miss that tbh. I think it could add to the game without doing a lot.
    2. Create a style tool: ok I understand that its too much for the game but they should at least make some limited selection just basic colors like its absurd that we cant match some stuff bc they're not in the same color. at least make some 30 colors just don't do the whole metal/wood/whatever like it was in the sims 3.
    3. Open neighborhoods: if we're already at a neighborhood I rather the first loading screen to get there to be a bit longer but it would load all the lots so we wont have to wait if we go from one place to the one next to it.
    Personally I hate they added all list of the packs like if u sort items u see in the list packs u don't have or even the installed packs button that is on the top all the time but they're too greedy to take it off.

Of course I want cars, toddlers and much more but I don't see them releasing those stuff for free they'll probably make a game pack about it or just include it in an expansion pack.

9. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I love the idea of an Open Neighborhood too. As for their greed? Meh, they're goal is sales, that's not a secret. Every company tries to make money because that's how they keep going. It doesn't bother me to have a button at the top, at least it has other functions such as showing what all items are in the expansion packs without having to use outside sources and helps the players make informed decisions on their purchases.

My biggest hope for toddlers is a free stuff pack, but as a co-worker mentioned, it's unlikely because they'll want to devote a lot of time to getting them right and high quality, and to do that they need to make money from it. Again, business is business, but I'm okay with that if it means I get toddlers. =)

benji_br likes this.
  10. gagasluxury

gagasluxury

I think toddlers require a lot of animations and also CAS and build its too much for an update. the survey they did earlier this year included an EP of family with toddlers. I highly doubt we wont get it in the end.

benji_br and Kit like this.