1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about not having Create-A-Style?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by George Davis, Aug 30, 2014.

1. George Davis

George Davis

What are your opinions on not having create a style? I personally didn't like it at first but with the demo, there are a lot of options for colors and patterns. But I wonder how it'll be in the full game with furniture and all. What do you all think?

2. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

I'm still slightly bummed about it. I don't think I'll ever TRULY get over it; I'm a builder, so I'm just concerned about how unique our houses will be now. Still, from a legacy playing aspect, I'm not worried at all; with the insane amount of CC that there's going to be (and already is, for CAS!), then decorating and furnishing legacy houses will be a doddle! :cool:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    htairchix likes this.
  3. SimfulSimmer

SimfulSimmer cute, clever and charming too.

Personally, I'm not really bothered.

Why, you may ask. Well here's why.

I have a Toshiba Laptop with an integrated Intel HD Graphics Card. The Sims 3 runs quite well, but quite poorly at the same time. The Sims 3 Create a Style tool took ages to load up and therefore I never wanted to waste my time waiting for it to load, so most of the time, I just stuck with the swatches. I did use it sometimes, but I honestly do not mind not having it there.

MidnightPearl likes this.
  4. Anna

Anna

I am totally irritated about it being gone and that we are going so far backwards as far as that is concerned. I did recolors in 2 so will do them for this, and the community will do many, so we will have them. But what a shame. I use it all the time in 3. I now wish I had not dumped the folder I had with hundreds of patterns for 2. I never thought I would need them again. Sadly, I was wrong.

Jaline, Laspyra and htairchix like this.
  5. robi393

robi393

I am actually glad that it's not going to be a part of the game. I basically never used like 80% of the patterns and textures that were provided, it always took too much time to load, and it took me even more time to pick one and then I always just ended up using the same textures. I don't want to spend hours to build a house and from what I've seen so far, I am very happy with the Sims 4 build mode as it is.

6. Kerantli

Kerantli

I think I used create-a-style a couple of times, mostly for clothing but it just loaded too slowly for me, and I used maybe one or two different textures (if that..)

7. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

For me that news never was a major problem. I am not a builder an in CAS, I always avoided using CASt just to avoid having to wait for all the clothes to load in again after I'm done using it, so I've mostly used the preset colour options by the devs. Coming from that play-style, Sims 4 actually offers me far more colour options than I am used to and since I am still playing Sims 2 I would have even been able to deal with a much smaller variety of colours.
    I do get why it's a huge loss for others, though.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  8. Coblin King

Coblin King

I won't miss it at all. If you have cool styles and swatches to begin with, you don't need a CAS. Sims 4 seems to have enough options, at least from the videos and screenshots I've seen so far. Plus there's a big community of modders for these games, if anything is missing, they'd probably make it for you without much trouble. And adding custom content is pretty simple (at least from what I see in the demo) - you just put a file in a folder and start your game, it all loads automatically - so pretty much anyone can do it.

9. MrDaveyy

MrDaveyy Mr McCutie

I'm very happy it's been taken out of the game, it caused too many performance issues for a tool that I rarely used.

Jase likes this.
  10. jamie298

jamie298

to be honest i hardly ever used it so i don't really care to much. i still play the Sims 2 so to me it will just be like that, i did use it a bit but yea not to bothered.