1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What ever happened to the game "Simsville"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SandboxGaming, Feb 11, 2016.

1. SandboxGaming

SandboxGaming

Hey guys!

In 2001, Maxis announced it was cancelling what was to be the next big entry to their successful Sim lineup...

Come check out my new series "What Happened To?", where we'll take a look at some of the most anticipated sandbox games that either never made release or just couldn't live up to the hype!

How did you feel about its cancellation? Were you excited for this game?

Mendota likes this.
  2. benji_br

benji_br

I was! I remember thinking it would be an upgrade from Sim Town, a very, very limited game I used to play for hours and hours.

I admit I would still like to play something like this, a more macro version of The Sims, but also not as big as Sim City. I was really into world renovating in The Sims 3 and I think it's because of that, I was always trying to build a certain environment, you know? I spent just as much time rearranging lots as I would do playing in Live Mode.

Now a dream-come-true thing would be if they ever released some sort of game like this that would also function as a world builder for TS4. That's the utopic in me speaking, I don't think that would ever happen, but it would be so awesome.

SandboxGaming likes this.
  3. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I must of been under a rock or something because I did not know anything about this game. It was 5 years after high school I graduated in 1997. But I am a sims veteran ive been on all the forums and all 3 sims games before sims 4 came out.

4. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

I don't believe i ever heard of this, although I wouldn't mind a Sims game like this. (I believe there actually have been similar games like this out there? Maybe?) The first thing I ever heard of Sims-related was The Sims Makin' Magic, which I wanted but we didn't have a computer at the time.

5. benji_br

benji_br

I bought the first The Sims the very day if came out. I have always been a fan of Maxis =)

6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Me too! :)
    I was excited about this game too... I love the sims, and SimCity series... this, I thought would be a great medium :(

benji_br likes this.
  7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I am a big fan of Maxis too. I loved SimCity and the Sims and Spore and Dark Spore

8. SandboxGaming

SandboxGaming

I totally understand! I'm a sucker for little details a game like this where you can edit everything in the town down to the street lights! I feel I would never sleep haha
    Also watching all the sims live work and play in your town you built would be such a cool feeling :)

benji_br likes this.
  9. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Dream big my friends. It could happen someday.