1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What Expansion Would You Like To See Next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MiffoShort1997, Jul 27, 2015.

1. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hello everyone :)

Like everyone else I am really excited to find out what will be released at Gamescom this year. My hopes are up and I am looking forward to finding out about a toddlers in the Sims 4 or hopefully a brand new expansion pack :D!!

So because I'm curious to find out the expansions everyone wants I thought I would create this thread.

I would like to see either of these expansions next, a farm expansion pack, Seasons, Pets or a holiday expansion :)!

Any of these would be great. I would really like to see a World Adventures again too. I really enjoyed completing the adventures inside of tombs and also loved the scenery of the worlds like China :)

What about you guys and girls? What expansion would you like to see next?

Matthew.

2. CleverBox

CleverBox

I would like to see either Seasons or Generations back.

Seasons because both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Packs completely changed the deal for me. Not only did it change the look of the game, but it gave it depth and a real sense of time moving forward. (Also, I liked dressing my sims appropriately for each season.)

Generations because I think it would be a perfect opportunity to add toddlers and proper sized teens back in, as well as a whole bunch of new gameplay similar to what The Sims 3 Generations included.

3. benji_br

benji_br

I want Generations, Seasons and Pets just as much as the majority of Sims players, but for some reason I've been wanting some sort of Superstar/Showtime EP for the fame/performing aspects of it, as well as a Night Life/Late Night EP for the venues and decoration.

I've said it countless times and I'll say it again: Nightclubs and bars are kind of dull at this point. Our Sims deserve more fun venues =P

dawnderee, ShaylaJ and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  4. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hello @benji_br :)

I agree with what you said. I would like to see more fun venues as well :) I would also love to see restaurants like they were in the Sims Hot Date! I loved it when my Sims went out for romantic dinners and a violinist would play music as they ate :)

I am hoping EA add something similar in the Sims 4 someday :)

Matthew.

dawnderee, ShaylaJ and benji_br like this.
  5. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hey @CleverBox :)

I can't wait to see what they add in the Sims 4 Seasons either :) I have loved both Seasons in the Sims 2 and 3 and like you loved dressing my Sims for each season. I also really enjoyed giving my Sim his winter coat which was all fat and puffy ;)

I can't wait to see what EA add in the Sims 4 Seasons :D!!!

Matthew.

dawnderee, Kalibobali and ShaylaJ like this.
  6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I agree with benji about a Superstar and Night Life. Either the one or the other would be my choice for the next expansion. I just hope they learned from Late Night and don't try to combine both of those packs again. I realize that it makes sense, but it just doesn't really work very well. Too much content for a single expansion.
    But I would also be happy about completely new content that hasn't been done before. That's what I found so refreshing about Into The Future. It wasn't perfect and in the end, it really could have used more content instead of putting that much effort into the three different versions of the world, but it was something very different and a very good idea to close the Sims 3 era with.

7. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hi @DerMonarch :)

I liked In To The Future as well. As I also liked the Sims 3 Supernatural as well because that was another one which hasn't been done before, apart Makin Magic but I thought Supernatural was still very different from Makin Magic :)
    The only thing I think let Supernatural down was the zombies. I never really grew to like them because they didn't really do anything apart from ruin Sims gardens :)

Hopefully the Sims 4 will receive some expansions which haven't been done before :) hopefully like a farm expansion!

Matthew.

benji_br likes this.
  8. Wee Albet

Wee Albet Bet Bet Staff Member

As crazy as it may seem, I'd love a Superhero/Supervillain expansion pack next. I was wanting to create an evil scientist who had an arch nemesis and realised how cool a SH/SV system could be.

It could be like an open career type thing too, so at random times your Sim could get a call or go and patrol in different areas for people to save, or not. It could also bring back the Burglar too, only this time, you could get to be the burglar! There would still be an NPC burglar who could rob our Sims houses, but we could also be one and travel to different lots and steal things. As part of the supervillain track, we could either sell these items or store them in some "top secret" vault (think the career lots that came with Get to Work).

At these lots there could be a number of Sims and you start at the bottom and work your way up the rank from petty thief to the top ranking Super Villain! As time goes on, the Super Heroes take notice of you and you'll often find that they arrive to stop you. If you are robbing a home, they could turn up and fight you. Instead of the basic fighting system we have now, we could have a gadget system. Both sides could create gadgets to fight each other (in the typical Sims fashion, nothing too violent). Gadgets could include a freeze ray, transporter (can use it on yourself to get out quickly or send the hero/villain away).

You could also set up traps to catch/slow down your nemesis too. These could be something like a banana skin, a net that falls from above, ice on the floor to make them slip, glue on the floor to stop them in their tracks etc.

I could go on and on with ideas for this type of pack haha!!

Shortstack, TJAVA and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  9. makanivalur

makanivalur

Honestly? I'd like a Season Expansion that comes with farming. Or well.. Farming expansion that comes with seasons? So you need to plant and harvest and do all that. I want there to be livestock to take care of and just about everything else farming involves. It would be so different and new and I'm sort of fed up with getting the same content over and over again....
    Though I also want working restaurants and toddlers so there's that...

Abi, benji_br and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  10. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hello @Wee Albet :)

Your ideas sound AMAZING :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The ideas of having superheroes and villains sounds awesome already but having a career to go with them would be absolutely-super-awesome :D!
    And also bringing back the burglars in the very same expansion pack would be a great thing to do as well :) I thought a farm expansion pack would be fun but your idea wipes the floor with all other expansions...

And the idea of fighting gadgets is incredible :)! I love gadgets in superhero movies and think that it would be awesome having that sort of thing in the Sims 4 :)

I really hope EA add this sort of expansion pack :) it sounds like it would probably be the best expansion pack ever! I'd really like to play one like it anyway :p

Great ideas, they're awesome!!

Matthew.