1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What new emotions could we have in the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Jan 2, 2016.

1. benji_br

benji_br

Hey, guys, I was wondering about new emotions that they could add to the game.

I'm guessing there will be a scared/fear emotion added some time, maybe with more supernatural life states (which I don't really enjoy, but I know it's important for most players).

I can't think of any others though. Can you?

MiffoShort1997 and Sweet Pea like this.
  2. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

Scared/Frightened/Petrified yes. Some sort of Nervous emotion would be good, too, and Apathy.

ShaylaJ, Sweet Pea and benji_br like this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

You know, @JackieGoOutside , apathy would go along greatly with an Ironic trait =P

4. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

@benji_br I would love an Ironic trait, TBH, especially since I'm super sarcastic. And an Offended emotion would work pretty well with it, too. :p

Ultimately, what would be interesting if they can do it is have certain combinations of moods combined and create a third emotion. For instance, Sims experiencing both Tense and Nervous moodlets could have them combined into a Fear emotion. It would add a neat level of gameplay, IMO.

MiffoShort1997 and benji_br like this.
  5. benji_br

benji_br

AWESOME IDEAS

6. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Oh very good ideas so far :) I'd especially like to see a "scared" emotion.
    I'm not sure what ones we could have but perhaps a "Successeful" emotion would be a good one to have, so when you do something like get a promotion your Sims feel successeful, or maybe if you ask a Sim on a date and she says yes then you feel successful - What do you all think?

I'd definitely like to see more emotions though :)

Matthew.

benji_br likes this.
  7. benji_br

benji_br

That's a good suggestion, Matthew, though maybe that is too close to Confident? I don't know, just my perspective =)

I was gonna say anxious, but that could also be too close to tense!

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  8. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

@JackieGoOutside I would love a sarcastic trait! I too, am very sarcastic! My bio mom and I have had entire conversations where we're being completely sarcastic. Drove the rest of our family crazy, they were laughing so hard. :p

9. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hmm I think your probably right about it being too close to confident o_O Unfortunately I forgot about that one...

Matthew.

benji_br likes this.
  10. benji_br

benji_br

No, you're right, I think success is a big part of the game, but then I also see that the developers have covered that with the confident emotion and it's moodlets (I forgot the word they're using in TS4).

The more I think about it, though, the more I come to realize that the Sims team actually managed to cover most emotions in a broad way in the base game.