1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What worlds do your Sims live in?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DerMonarch, Jul 24, 2015.

1. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I am always very curious about how other Sims players play their games and as a writer at heart, what intrigues me most, naturally is what kinds of stories other Simmers create.
    When I say worlds, I am not directly talking about Oasis Springs or Willow Creek or any world from the previous games. What I mean are the settings you have created in your heads.

I might be alone with this, but in my stories, my Sims have always lived in the same world, the same reality, albeit in different parts of that timeline every now and then. It is my own Sims canon, if you want to put it that way.
    Do you do the same thing when playing? Do your Sims also live in one big connected world or do you create your own little stories for every household you play? I would love to read how you tell your stories and what worlds you have created over the years. And maybe you will even inspire some other readers and their stories.

Shall I make the beginning?

The world that my Sims call their home is a planet that faced many wars in its ancient and medieval history until the small Kingdom of Simnia, which I created in Sims: Medieval, spearheaded the idea of a great political union that would put an end to wars and cruelty. This union would soon be called 'The Free World' (inspired by Sims 3's Level 10 of the politics career) and prospered under the leadership of Simnia's queen, Helga the Great. The nations outside of this union remained war torn.
    Replacing monarchy with democracy, Helga's descendants retired from SimCity, the capital of Simnia, which is now called SimNation. As the great family Van Helgen they founded the small town of Helgenstett. And that is where my Sims 2 stories began. For a long time every single one of my stories revolved around this town and its inhabitants. With Night Life came a return to SimCity and the stories unfolded more and more with each expansion. By now, some of those families have existed for over 20 and even 30 generations over the course of three Sims titles.
    With Sims 3 came new towns and cities. It was the game in which I first had the idea to create a rival family for the Van Helgens and maybe make some of the Van Helgens a little more antagonistic. Family Van Dampen from Sunlit Heights was born and shaped a lot of what happened within that part of the Free World's story. The Van Helgen's even lost control over the Free World for some time when one of the family's matriarchs tore it apart with her addiction to power and absolute control.
    Even Sunlit Tides and later Isla Paradiso, botch of which I turned into the White Shores Archipelago, had their own little story that actually took place at the border of the Free World, right outside of the union's influence, but close enough not to be affected by the wars.
    Now with Sims 4 I have moved away from many of those old families. Some stories have ended completely, others will someday return. It was time for new faces and new Drama. In this new location within SimNation, Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest represent the outskirts of Falmora City, a bustling metropolis far away from Helgenstett and SimCity and the intrigues of their leading families. I am really looking forward to see what stories will be born in Falmora over the next few years and I just recently posted about one of them on this forum.

Some may find this interesting, others won't. But as I said, I am curious about you, so it's your turn: What are your Sims' stories and worlds? What are the settings and canons you have created and are they all intertwined like mine or seperated from each other? Feel free to share them with us!

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I never had a particular name of the world beyond Sim Nation which I think I picked up from the Wiki. But in general it is a modern world that coincides with the other Sims games. They are all in chronological order in my stories, and each one has had a Witch legacy in it that uses the last heir in the previous game. I never really thought about the broader aspect of the worlds or gone too deep into the lore, but your post certainly encouraged me to!

Esnes Nommoc, Mitchi32 and benji_br like this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

@DerMonarch, it's so cool that you're sharing this. I haven't gone too deep in this like you have, but yeah, I do have my own idiossincracies when playing.

Most of my games (yep, I get bored and start from scratch every now and then) start at that neighborhood at the bottom of the map in Willow Creek and I have in mind that that is a very up and coming area undergoing some gentrification. The same is happening now at Newcrest, where I usually build some older looking homes for my sims to renovate and enjoy the new place.

Esnes Nommoc and Mitchi32 like this.
  4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

@benji_br - that's what I do. I always start at the bottom and work my way up. When I do get bored with one household, (aging is always turned off unless I'm playing a challenge) I create a new sim and move them into the same world and incorporate them into my original sims lives then go back and play them awhile longer.

My goal is to have one file that is completely done by me. I might bring in a starter from the gallery or something, but I want to personalize every building/lot in every world and create each sim and family. I have never succeeded... (this is my own challenge I've been trying to do since TS2 lol) but it's been reignited by TS4.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  5. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I know that challenge too well. I did that in Sims 2. That was where my entire Sims canon really began, in Helgenstett. But after that I never managed to do something like that again. And not for lack of trying. It's just extremely overwhelming and at some point I gave up and moved my story to other cities and towns as an excuse for not having the patience to recreate Helgenstett.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I think it's less intimidating with TS4 because the worlds are smaller and it's easier to do it in stages of each world, so I'm really looking forward to it. I honestly don't even remember what the world looked like in TS2 anymore! (I think I need to uninstall 3 and reinstall 2. I think I even still have my cc files on a hard drive somewhere!)

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  7. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

I just live in the small little suburban-ish Willow Creek. :D
    It feels like when we were young and things were good and this and that, houses are "simple little beauties", trees are flourish, and the river looks like that thing that you allwaaays want to follow to see what is at the end of it, but you (literally) can't. And everything adds up. :D
    Edit: Sorry I got a little carried away. :# Just say that my Sims live in a small little suburban with neighbors and small houses and a river and I call that world "Perfect Little World". :#

TJAVA likes this.
  8. Raze-Herman

Raze-Herman

I've been playing on one single family since The Sims 3 and when the Sims 4 came out I recreated some of them and placed them in the bottom right corner neighborhood of Willow Creek. There my sims lived in almost 5 generations, on the same lot but three diffrent houses. First i built three trailers that the diffrent parts of the family lived in. Cause in this family, the sims almost NEVER move out. All of the sims just live on the same lot together as a big family until they die (and finaly I can have one more kid) the second house I built for them was just a bigger more houselike (but still loking like a trailer) trailer. I got sick of them walking in and out of eachothers trailers so I just moved them togehter and rebuilt it a little. After a while I got bored with the Trailerpark design so I just deleted it all and builded a two story house with 5 bedrooms. And there they lived happely ever after until i got the brilliant idea to build an appartmentbuilding. So each part of the family got seperated apartments, and there is where they now are living, in the upper area of Newscrest! Now I'm going to walk you trough the building they are living in. So the appartments start on the third floor. Bellow that there is a partyroom, a pool, a office-area and a sciense lab. On the third floor there is two appartments, in one of them lives Lucas and Korra with there two children, Asami and Bomi (yes I'm an Avatar-fan) on the same floor in the other appartment is Lucas sister Linnea and her wife (who is an alien). Now let's walk up the stairs and find Lucas and Linnea's mother Mira. An elder lady who just reached level 10 in the sciense career! (yey) And in the appartment next to hers lives the family ghost. Mira's Aunt Julie, who sadly got locked in a room without food when she was a young adult. So thats my family and where they live now. :D

benji_br and Esnes Nommoc like this.