1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT's MISSING From The Sims Universe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesDerryl, Aug 10, 2015.

1. JamesDerryl

JamesDerryl

What other things can you guys think of that has never been in the game that obviously should be?

Board games.. Why have there never been board games?

Why have there never been printers for the computer?

I want my sims to have a vinyl record player that actually spins.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  2. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

A WAY TO GET TATTOOS IN GAME! An attraction system. So much more but those are the first two big ones that come to mind

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  3. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

I loved the photo element in The Sims 2 where we could upload custom images into the game that our sims could paint. I would love to see that creative tool come back to the series. The art work in the game is a bit too neutral. I would love to have the ability to upload Twisted Princesses and American Mcgee's Alice artwork into the game, have my sim paint that image, and then frame them in different types of frames.

Another thing I would love to see make a comeback is a color wheel. When I used CASt in TS3 I didn't play around with textures or patterns because it made my game lag really bad, but just choosing different colors was truly magical. So a color wheel of some type that wouldn't cause lag to the game would be perfection for me, considering all my homes tend to look the same.

The removal of loading screens within a neighborhood would do wonders for the game. My husband and I love TS4 but we still get irritated that we have to wait 30 seconds to travel directly next door to visit a household or travel to a club or gym. So removing the loading screens in individual neighborhoods would do wonders for gameplay. I mean, our sims can walk anywhere within an individual neighborhood, why can't they just travel next door so it would give us more of an open world feel?

Other elements like cars, garages, etc. will come in the future but having the ability to place customized art work into the game, the ability to change the colors of objects in buy and build mode, and eliminating loading screens in neighborhoods would probably make TS4 110% better than it already is now.

I never got the jewelry making bundle from TS3 store, so the ability to make our own jewelry from elements we collect would be fan-sim-tastic! The game definitely needs more accessories- earrings, necklaces, facial piercings, purses, ankle bracelets, and belly rings. And along with a tool to design jewelry we should be able to open up jewelry stores to sell our creations.

Hair-Styling tool implemented into CAS. Of course we would have all the hairstyles that come with the game that we select. We could have the option to change the color of the hair as one customized color, or an advanced tool that would allow us to give our Sim highlights or choose portions of the hair to different colors.

I apologize for listing a bit too much- some that were in previous installments of the game.

Bryan.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  4. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

I love American Mcgee's Alice :) It's so awesome. And yes i completely agree with the jewelry thing. that was one of the coolest things about Sims 2. I've always hoped for that to make a return. And the body jewelry included of course since that was all together in Bon Voyage. I disagree with the loading screens and color wheel thing only because it's a much better idea on paper than in practice. I would never want to go back to being bale to walk to the bar next door just so it can be completely empty like in Sims 3. The loading screens are a minor inconvenience but having a ghost town ruined the immersion and defeated the purpose of even going to bar in the first place. Or wherever they went. And the lack of color wheel is kind of annoying but i did notice that in made my game lag alot in Sims 3. The swatches make it alot easier on us players who don't have high end computers.

5. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

As mom... I can say BABY GATES! >.< If Sims 4 gets toddlers and in The Sims 3, it would have been so handy to just put a babygate in the doorway and let adult Sims through but not the babies or even pets. Lol. I know I can't have enough.

Mitchi32 and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  6. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

YES! That is an awesome idea :) I wish we had toddlers in the Sims 4 and if or when we do I'd love for there to be more options for them and babies, like baby gates and wouldn't it be great to have one of those cute yellow and red toddler cars with the pedals to be added to the Sims? I'd love that so much :)

Matthew.

7. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Also we are on the subject of toddlers, I think it would be SUPER COOL if baby and toddler inflatable swimming pools were added to the game :) I always loved those when I was a kid. You got the really cool ones with the animals on the side of it. I remember having loads of fun in those inflatable swimming pools!! :)

Matthew.

Mitchi32 likes this.
  8. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

@MiffoShort1997 and @Kit- my hubby loves his family play and wants toddlers in the game more than my wants for pre-teens in the game. I want to add my two cents in on the topic of toddlers. I love your idea about the kiddie pool, Matthew. I do love the fact that we have above ground and in-ground pools in TS4, but inflatable backyard pools would be charming for starter families. I think a swimming skill should be added to the many skills we have in the game. Nobody just starts out knowing how to swim. I don't know how to swim but my husband said he's gonna teach me once he talks me into goint to the pool. I told him if he teaches me how to swim I'll teach him how to ride a bike. Swimming should definitely be a skill IMO.

Also, with toddlers I think it would be absolutely adorable if they added camcorders into the game. That way our parent sims could record/document their children taking their first steps, their first word, their first time crawling, etc.. And maybe they could add scrapbooks to the game so Sims could collect their child's artwork, report cards, footprints, a lock of hair, and baby pictures.

Bryan

TJAVA and MiffoShort1997 like this.