1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

When getting married last name doesnt change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emerald Cobra, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Emerald Cobra

Emerald Cobra

I dont know where to put this but i notice when ur sims get married unlike the old games.... the Maiden name doesnt change so say i had two Sims get married and one was Bob Bobert and Jen Jennet... and Bob Propose to Jen and they got Married Jen would still be Jen Jennet and not Jen Bobert

2. Jordan

Jordan

Yeah I realized the same thing.. they still have maiden names

3. bluebythebook

bluebythebook

I haven't had Sims marry yet, so I haven't therefore tried this yet, but: is there some option on the computer or phone for "File Name Change Paperwork" or something dumb like that? Sounds ridiculous, and it is, but it's the only thing I can think of outside of an outright bug. There should be a menu you go through where you chose who moves into whose home and who takes whose name, etc. I can't fathom why they wouldn't include something like that. It's gotta be a bug or massive oversight.

4. cedricweehunt

cedricweehunt Staff Member

I have noticed that too. Well, it is the 21 century, maybe it is an equal rights game, lol. I would really prefer the last name of the female sim to change after they are married, so not quite sure why it doesn't. Oh well, not a big deal to me, I have just enjoyed playing.

5. Tjones516

Tjones516

I found the solution at Video Game Blogger. My sim also got married but her name didn't change. When I originally tried the testingcheats true and shift click on sim it would not allow me to edit names or traits. You need to do the second part, cas.fulleditmode in order to change the name of a sim.

From the website - While playing the game, press the CTRL + SHIFT + C keyboard buttons on PC* at the same time to display the cheat console window. In that text box (comes up in the corner), type the below listed codes in and hit the ENTER key to get the desired effect.

testingcheats true [or false] — This lets you to use more cheats.
    Right away after entering “testingcheats true” and pressing the ENTER button, you must type “cas.fulleditmode” and press the ENTER button on the cheat console window again. Now you’re able to use all CAS abilities (CAS means Create A Sim). These Interaction Cheats are listed below and are available by pressing the Shift button and Clicking on objects and Sims.

Shift click on sim - Modify in CAS

6. Joy

Joy

Still you would think we wouldn't have to enable a cheat to change it. Probably a bug I hope that gets patched lol. Thanks for sharing how to change it with Cheat for now Tjones516 it was driving me nuts lol!

7. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

SimGuruGraham said they are aware of this and will probably change it as a lot of people ask them to. He said that his idea for it would be:

"
    Exactly. What I'd like is:

1. Wedding
    2. Modal dialog that let's you change name
    3. Modal dialog that let's you move them in to a house together (it should do this already)"

It's in his "daily chat" thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/779362/ask-simguru-grant-a-9-10-daily-chat

Meka3514 and bshag4lv like this.
  8. True

True

The family relationship doesnt change either...my male sim doeant recognize his wifes sister as his sister-in-law and etc