1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Town?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody

For those who have played Sims 4 which town did you start off, why, and what do you like most about that town.

For those who have yet to play Sims 4 which town do you want to start off and why :D!

I started off with Oasis Springs. I am enamored with desert towns, they have a unique atmosphere. With Sims 3 I always wanted a desert town and we received Lucky Palms. Lucky Palms was more of a resort type town and I appreciated it but I wanted more of an actual town. I love how Oasis Springs is a balance between dry rugged landscaped with a splash of lush lawns in the more nicer neighborhoods.

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah I started in Oasis Springs, Willow Creek seemed too posh for my starting family lol

Cody likes this.
  3. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Willow Creek.

I prefer it over Oasis Springs. I just like the overall vibe of it; that southern, New Orleans feel.

Meka3514 and Cody like this.
  4. Cody

Cody

But the strange thing is if I am correct Willow Creek has more starter homes. Fancy posh looking starting homes compared to the desert hovels available lol. Willow Creek is for the swank folk I must agree.

benji_br likes this.
  5. Cody

Cody

They nailed the New Orleans south feel to the T. I lived near New Orleans when hurricanes Katrina and Rita hit. Hence why I now live in Missouri when I live in Texas most of my life :D!

6. benji_br

benji_br

I live in a somewhat lush area, so desert towns are a bit too "exotic" for me, so I have most of my sims living in WC, but I absolutely love OS, it's gorgeous.

Actually, this is something I was thinking of last night while playing the game: I am always mesmerized at the beauty of the worlds. I don't know what kind of "create a world" type of tool they are going to give us, but it seems to me like it's going to be really hard to create good looking worlds.

Cody likes this.
  7. Tamas

Tamas

I started in Willow Creek but I moved to Oasis Springs with the second generation. I just kind of want to experience both, I guess. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Willow Creek - it's vibrant, green, peaceful and it has the Goths!

They really did a wonderful job with both towns though.

Cody likes this.
  8. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

OMG! I'm from Bossier City/Shreveport- I know it's a little ways away but Louisiana is basically the same throughout. My brother went to LSU after the hurricanes and I'd go down there to visit and it is a beautiful place, but not my style. I have family in AZ and that was my second home as a kid- I love the desert! It's beautiful and serene in my opinion. I guess that why I was drawn to Oasis Springs in the first place LUL:cactus::bactriancamel::palmtree::snake::dromedarycamel::blacksunrays:

Cody likes this.
  9. Rita

Rita

I started off in willow creek...I live in Austin, TX it's green here for Texas LOL! so I wanted my sims to have a pretty environment just like I do in my real life :)

Cody likes this.
  10. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I really like the look of Oasis Springs. Which says something as I never liked desert worlds in the previous games. But I always seem to gravitate towards Willow Creek. I think a desert town like Oasis Springs just is a bit too alien for me, as someone who has never been in an environment like that. I love the architecture, though. Those modern houses in Oasis Springs really are georgeous!

(@Rita Love your Avatar by the way! Chuck makes for a surprisingly cute father.)

Cody likes this.