1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Windowed Fullscreen working as intended for anyone?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Naria, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Naria

Naria

So, on both my laptop and my desktop, Fullscreen and Windowed Fullscreen are the same thing. So I asked the Guru's on Twitter what the intended difference was and may have come across a bug in the game.

Grant Rodiek ‏@SimGuruGrant 10m
    @IonaShepard You can minimize the program in windowed full screen.

On my laptop, my desktop, and a friend's desktop, there is no minimize in Windowed Fullscreen. I'd like to know if it works, or doesn't work, for anyone here?

2. Kaessa

Kaessa

Windowed fullscreen works great. What it does it is make it easier to alt+tab out of the game. In my case, it frees up my mouse to travel between both monitors, instead of locking it to the monitor on which the game is playing. I've never tried to minimize the window in windowed fullscreen.

3. Naria

Naria

You can Alt + Tab or use the Windows key out of the game in regular Fullscreen, too. I believe from what Grant said there's meant to be a minimize in Windowed Fullscreen that seems to not be there.

4. Kaessa

Kaessa

You are correct, there doesn't appear to be a way to minimize in windowed fullscreen. Even the Windows shortcut Win+Down Arrow/Win+Up Arrow keys don't work. Weird.