1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another thread about Toddlers (it's cool though, I swear)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Jul 29, 2015.

1. benji_br

benji_br

Hey, guys, sorry to bring up toddlers again (for the 3rd time today), but maybe this is relevant information we're not talking about.

I don't play The Sims Free Play (tried it once, didn't like it), but I just found out I still follow it on social media and that they just added babies to the game this week. But not newborn babies, they are really toddler-like. Take a look at the trailer: https://www.facebook.com/thesimsfreeplay/videos/vb.284709311564376/908738462494788/?type=2&theater

(Ok, now I need to tell you guys that I saw the thumbnail on Twitter and failed to read the "Free Play", making me believe it was The Sims official account that shared the picture. I nearly fell off my chair)

So... I can't help but make a connection here. From what I remembered, they were kind of making parallels between TS3 and TSFP in content, which makes me believe maybe they will continue with it now that TS4 has been out for nearly one year.

Ok, I don't even know the point I'm making anymore. I think what I'm trying to say is that toddlers may really be a reality soon.

And yes, that is coming from a very hopeful, optimistic simmer who is missing toddlers more than ever after watching this trailer. But maybe it's an indication of what is to come ;)

Esnes Nommoc, ShaylaJ, TJAVA and 2 others like this.
  2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Why! Why do you get my hopes up?! This trailer was so freakin' adorable. I love some of the actions I saw the toddlers doing. Free Play is much easier to code toddlers into, I have no doubt. But this gives me high hopes. Thanks a lot. =P

ShaylaJ, SimsVIP and benji_br like this.
  3. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Holy smokes! Look at all the things you can do with them!

OK... I kind of accepted playing without toddlers because I do love TS4, but UGH!! Now I'm imagining what the possibilities are and want them more than ever!:(:D

ShaylaJ, Kit and benji_br like this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

5. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Everything is possible, I guess. But I can't help but think that there may not actually be as big of a connection between Free Play and the main series as the name would suggest. EA's mobile division has always seemed really seperated from any of their big studios to me.
    Thing is, if there was a connection, this would be absolutely terrible marketing, because why rub Toddlers into people's faces BEFORE announcing their return to the main series? But then again, with what the Sims marketing department did a year ago, you can't even take that as an indicator for anything anymore.

Honestly, I would hope for those who are missing toddlers in their game, that there is a connection. But personally, I won't get my hopes up until I can hear the official forums explode of joy. Now that would be the ultimate confirmation... :D

ShaylaJ, benji_br and Kit like this.
  6. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

... I don't think that my ears/eyes could survive such... insane amount of joy.

benji_br likes this.
  7. Cinderellimouse

Cinderellimouse

Do you ever get the feeling the Freeplay and the TS3/4 are in friendly competition with each other? XD

I've convinced myself they'll announce toddlers at Gamescom and if they don't I'll throw a very toddler-like tantrum. *stomps foot*

benji_br, ShaylaJ, grandmasim and 3 others like this.
  8. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY THAT! :eek: It would make sense though, right? Fighting for who gets the more attention and bigger budget? I wonder if Freeplay is trying to steal non-mobile Sims 4 players with this Toddler move!

200_s.gif

9. Jarron

Jarron

I adore Toddlers. I miss them so much. I have made up my mind that we will never have them, in S4... but OMG- if we get them, I will be Over the Moon!

ShaylaJ and grandmasim like this.
  10. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

As funny of a story as that would be, I think EA would sooner blow up their entire mobile division than to let that happen... :p
    Need dem X-pansion MoneyZ!