1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

You do not have to have a high end computer for sims games.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by cedricweehunt, Sep 5, 2014.

1. cedricweehunt

cedricweehunt Staff Member

I am only writing this, because so many people think they have to have a high end computer to run sims games. A lot of people cannot afford expensive computers and fortunately, they have made sims4 to where it can be played on most computers. Also, it is not true that integrated graphics do not run the sims games very well. To make a long story short, I did have an expensive computer with Windows XP and all of the bells and whistles. I kept upgrading the graphics and memory. It finally got so laggy and I could hardly play the sims at all. I was living with my sister at the time and she offered to buy me a computer and we started doing research. She found one of under $400.00 and I thought to myself, this computer would never work for so little money. I didn't want to seem ungrateful, so we did research on it. The memory was upgradeable to 16 gigs, which is pretty good and it had an integrated graphics card, AMD Radeon HD6410D on it. I did research on it also, because I have always had Nvidia cards. Went ahead and bought it and I have not been happier with a computer. I did however, upgrade to 12 gigs of memory, because the rendering was way to slow. Now this computer is a mini tower and unfortunately I had to take it in to change the memory sticks, because they were under so much stuff and I really didn't want to mess with undoing this and that. But, it does go to show that if you do research, you can get a good computer for little money, which is helpful for us poor folk that live paycheck to paycheck. I am very grateful to my sister for buying this for me and I would not hesitate to buy another computer like this one. It is an Acer. BTW, graphics are set on medium to high. Sorry I was rambling, lol.

MidnightPearl likes this.
  2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah I had figured that if your computer could run TS3 with medium lag time, it will play TS4 effortlessly. lol
    I had also read that if your computer can play TS4 CAS demo, then you're good to go too.

3. doll

doll

I'm currently playing sims 4 on a 5 year old macbook pro. Sims 4 runs flawlessly, and on high graphics (while in laptop mode!) so even though it isn't as pretty as it would be on a desktop, it runs perfectly fine & graphics are very nice.

Sims 3 I can run all the expansion/stuff packs just fine with little to no lag as well. You really don't need an expensive computer/laptop for them.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Ninja Staff Member

There are a lot of variables that come into play when trying to determine whether a PC could successfully play a game or not. But more importantly, thinking that every $400.00 computer out there can play Sims is a bit daft.

What I may find for $400.00 may vary greatly and may play Sims versus where another person runs into a store and finds a PC for 400.00 only to find it does not run Sims.

5. Coblin King

Coblin King

My computer runs Sims 4 a lot better than Sims 3. I'm talking base games, no expansions. So yeah, I'm digging the new game. Sure, I'm playing it on low, but the framerate is pretty great and it looks good. And the load times are pretty fast, so they don't bother me at all.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  6. cedricweehunt

cedricweehunt Staff Member

That is basically why I did research on this computer, specs and graphic card, because you are right Josh, not all can play the sims. Maybe I just hit it lucky, but thought I would point out to people that were looking for a computer that could play, just do the research and hopefully they can find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Unfortunately, I did try and just go into the store and buy a less expensive computer, needless to say, it went back, lol.