1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

64-Bit So Exciting!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2HubbiesNLove, Nov 20, 2015.

1. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

So excited about the December update when those who have PCs that can run the game in 64-bit mode which will make the game run even smoother. I have 10gb of memory and it does get discouraging knowing that the laptop I bought for TS4 is only using 2.5gb of memory space when it could implement an entire 4gb of ram. I don't mind the load times but knowing that loading, saving, and the gameplay is going to be so much smoother with faster saves and loads is just pure bliss for The Sims.

Now I'm wondering if those who can run the 64-bit will get larger worlds? Most consumers of technology have systems that can run 64-bit, considering most pc's now have at least 6 to 8 gigs of ram that take advantage of today's most power hungry applications. I really feel the team has been working on this for a year now, since this is something most of everyone in the communities have been requesting since TS3 came out. Maybe they'll remove the closed neighborhoods within each neighborhood in the next year, as well as giving us larger and more vibrant and interactive worlds with more neighborhoods allowing us more lots. I really hope so.

benji_br likes this.
  2. benji_br

benji_br

I'm excited too!

I don't think there will be any difference in the worlds, though. I doubt they would make multiple versions of them.

3. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

One co-worker mentioned that maybe because Windenburg is such a decorated world they realized they needed to increase performance for the game. Also explains the possible delay. =)

benji_br and ShaylaJ like this.
  4. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

It's about time that more games would become 64bit. the 64bit computer has been around for several years now.

Kit likes this.
  5. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Woah its so amazing the December update patch hit today December 4, 2015. It is so awesome The Sims 4 is now 64bit.

6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

The thing is, many games still simply don't need more than 4 GB of RAM to function properly. So for those games it's really a waste of time to create a 64-bit version. It would cost time and money that would end up being more valuable within other aspects of the game. Which is why I can understand that a great many games don't ship with a 64-bit launcher yet.

7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Well so far the only 2 games that have become 64 bit that I know of are StarCraft 2 and Sims 4 just recently.

8. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea

Have to say this was well needed! My game loaded pretty quick :O
    I Bought my Laptop in 2012 so it's getting a bit old, But yeah if computers can handle the extra ram throw in the option to change bits :p