1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

A Random Question About Alien Genetics...

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get To Work' started by Purplestarz2006, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Purplestarz2006

Purplestarz2006

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could answer a question for me regarding alien genetics in TS4-namely, do alien skin tones blend or mix?

The reason I ask is I currently have a newlywed alien couple in my game. One has blue skin and was born from an abduction, the other bright green and a randomly generated townie. They tried for baby on their wedding night, and in a bizarre coincidence, the father ended up getting abducted just hours afterwards. So, duel pregnancies, both with full blooded aliens. When it came time to give birth, the father gave birth to a baby girl with blue alien skin, ironically just like her "step-mother's" (as she is called in her family tree). This made sense, as they would have come from the same "pollination technician" since it seems to be the same one each time.

The couple's biological child, a boy, came out turquoise-different from either parent. If he had been another color, like purple, I would have just chalked it up to a random skin tone, but turquoise is a mix of blue and green. So I have to wonder...did the skin tones actually blend, or was the skin tone choice random? I guess I could have them have more kids to find out, but I wanted to see if anybody else had any idea.

Also on a related note, apparently the trigger for the "special" alien bassinet is being born from an abduction, not just being full blooded alien. I always thought it was the latter, but the boy is in a regular bassinet while the girl is in the special one.

2. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

No, it's not a blend. The skintones work like regular Sim skintones, that is, is Sim A is skintone 3 and Sims B is skintone 6, their kid could turn out with skintone 3-6.

Kit likes this.