1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Are We Missing Something?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get To Work' started by 2HubbiesNLove, Aug 7, 2015.

1. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

If we are, please let us know because we've read the guide as well as did our research and we cannot find any information on this issue we're having. Here's the issue:

I (Bryan) am a builder, and my husband (Barry) asks me to build retail lots for his character to go shop at. So I built a cute bakery I named Patty Cakes (which I will definitely upload to the gallery). I do create Sim characters to run these retail lots and keep them open. The only issue we're having is that he will send his Sim to Patty Cakes, and the store is open, but Patty and her employees are not there nor can my husband's character purchase anything at the store... even though I have tons of sweet treats out on display and for sale. So the question is, are we missing something?

If it isn't possible for our Sims to visit other retail lots we create and have other Sims running the store then I think a game update to fix that issue should be addressed. I enjoy having businesses in my neighborhoods, and to know our other Sims can't shop nor purchase items at these lots I create is a real let down.

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I don't know the answer to this but I will contact our guide writer on retail to take a look at this post. @CanuckSimmer

3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Huh, I have never created a bakery that is run by inactive Sims before, but I have done so with other shops. That worked pretty well, so I can't tell what is going wrong for you. What I can tell you is, it should work. But maybe I am overlooking something you have missed, too.

As long as a Sim owns the store and has set at least one item for sale, it should have employees once it is visited by another Sim. Actually, I don't even think that a Sim has to own the store. It should already work with just items being marked for sale. But I may have forgotten another requirement here that Canuck can tell you more about.

4. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

@2HubbiesNLove Slightly off-topic here, but will you please post and tell us when your bakery is on the Gallery :) I'd really like to add it to my game when you have uploaded it.

Matthew.

5. CanuckSimmer

CanuckSimmer Staff Member

@2HubbiesNLove -

Hi,

In my game I have successfully played retail lots where I've assigned owners and employees and then visited with other Sims. I will look into this further and play test a bit more and see if I can come up with a solution to your problem....

Two quick questions:

1) Are you running your game with any CC?
    2) Are you playing in the same save file (Is your bakery and your husband's Sims in the same save file)?

Canuck

6. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

@CanuckSimmer- thanks, we would both really appreciate that. And we don't use custom content, and no, when I built Patty Cakes Cupcakes I saved it on a save file I called Patty and he played under his save file. But in his save file the bakery is located in Newcrest.

Bryan

7. CanuckSimmer

CanuckSimmer Staff Member

@2HubbiesNLove -

The issue you are having where you no longer having the owner and employees you created with the bakery is probably because you aren't playing in the same save file. When you save a lot to the library and then place it in either another save file or even another lot in the same save file you lose any Sims who work or lived on that property.

May I suggest saving the Sims you created to run the bakery to the library, loading them into the save file your husband plays and making them owners/employees of your bakery again. Once they are in the save file your husband's Sims should be able to shop there with the proper employees and owner.

The issue with not being able to buy anything may be a glitch. Even when a lot is saved to the library it should keep everything that is set for sale. You may need to try bringing in an owner and resetting everything that you want for sale.

Let me know if any of these suggestions work or are helpful? Or if you have any further questions :).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  8. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member