1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to [email protected] with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

attraction ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedro, May 4, 2017.

1. Pedro

Pedro

Hey, I'm writing this post hoping that a guru might read it lol

So... I was thinking, the attraction system in sims 2 was great and i'd love if it made a return... but i think it would be greater still if the team released an in depth version of the attraction system.

So, first of all, I think we should be able to choose 5 likes and dislikes for our individual sims during CAS. But these would be stuff they like/dislike on other sim's appearences/personalities. As for the liking's slots, there should be hair color or even hair style (short, long, wavy, afro etc), body type, a trait they love on other sims, other sim's clothing style (modern, hippie, asian etc.), sexual preferences, eye color, there are many options here, but i think 5 slots are enough. The same applies for the dislikes.

These would affect how the chemistry between sims would work in the game: There should also be 5 levels of chemistry, which would be determined by if the other sim's traits, appearence, clothing style, hair color/style etc. matched the taste of the sim we are currently playing. Let me give you an example: I'm playing with Sara and she's into male sims only, red hair, charismatic sims, modern clothing style and athletic sims. As for her dislikes, she hates geeks, she doesnt like black hair, vintage clothing style, she's not into girls and doesn't like fat guys. One day, she meets Ryam, which is an athletic and charismatic guy with a blonde hair and wears vintage clothing.

How would the attraction system work between them? It would raise one level for every characteristic Ryam has that matches Sara's likings and lower one level for the ones that matches her dislikes. She likes males only, and he's a male. Level 1. She likes charismatic guys, and he's one of those. Level 2. She likes athletic guys and he has this characteristic. Level 3. He is blonde, which Sara doesn't like or dislike, so it doesnt affect the attraction between them. However, Ryam is a vintage guy, which Sara hates, so it's 1 less level for their attraction. In the end, they have a total of 2 chemistry levels.

Sara thinks Ryam is a 2 out of 5 guy, but it doesn't mean he feels the same about her, since he has diferente tastes. So this would really give our sims more personality and make the romance system way more interesting. Of course this should be introduced with other stuff related to the romance getaway theme.

As the chemistry levels increases, the quicker you'll be able to have romantic interactions with that sim, and if the other sim thinks you're really attractive , he/she will also faster accept your romantic interactions. There should also be some new romance interactions related to the each level, especially level 5.

One more thing that i just thought: it would also be great to have 3 new traits:
    - Attractive sim: this would immediately boost the chemistry level by 2 points.
    - Unattractive sim: this would immediately lower the chemistry level by 2 points.
    - Heart is all that matters: these sims don't care for other sim's appearences and they are blind to the chemistry system.

Just an idea that i wanted to share :)

thanks for reading

2. jeLlyBeAn1573

jeLlyBeAn1573

I really like this idea! I too am a fan of the attraction system from Sims 2 and I think your idea would really add some depth to Sims 4. Did you post this on the official sims forums as well? Gurus may be more likely to see your idea on there. :)

Pedro likes this.
  3. Pedro

Pedro

I actually didn't, but I sure will!

jeLlyBeAn1573 likes this.