1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Banned from the forums twice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amyculs2, Mar 29, 2016.

1. amyculs2

amyculs2

i want to rant about the disgrace that is the forums, so today i posted in the forums about how Rachel Franklin should be sacked (which is my opinion, i don't know what others think and everyone is entitled to their opinion so don't hate me for voicing this opinion), and is totally incompetent, which was removed for being hateful or whatever they may want to call it. Please can someone tell me what was wrong with these comments, i was not being hateful, just voicing an opinion. A little while later i made another account to comment on what had happens, this was also banned immediately after i posted. Are the forums just a place where you have to say how much you love the game and have absolutely no free speech at all, because thats what it seams like to me anyway...

What do you guys think???

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

If it's anything like our forums, we have a rule that opinions are fine, but singling out people for attacks/harassment is not.
    http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/rules-general-guidelines.21/

MiffoShort1997 and benji_br like this.
  3. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

Well to answer your question about Rachel, I think you are being a bit short sighted and unfair. She is much better than Rod Humble who started out mangling the Sims 3 trying to turn it into a Diablo type game. His view was after he sat down with the Sims 2 was: "I don't get it. Sitting at a computer watching a guy at a computer." He is the reason for the "rabbit holes", of which he intended to be the only public places, the collecting, a "tomb raider pack" instead of a real vacation, the broken SP that was nothing but mindless random adding and deleting sims, etc. Once it became clear that the fans would not accept his limited game, he left and those in the remaining Maxis group set about re working and fixing Sims 3.

My point is that Rachel is at least trying, and we would be better off to make her feel welcome and part of the community, rather than running her off with endless negativity and ending up starting over with someone else, who might not even care. If things keep on this way, the Sims will become the franchise that no one wants to work with and that will not work out well for us. Already the team avoids the main forums because of the constant attacks. Also it is not fair to blame Rachel for everything that you dislike, she is only one member of the team, and it is the rest of the Maxis team that should know more having been there.

My other point is, I happen to like the Sims 4 the best of all of them, so in my view she and the team have done a great job. I don't know what you are unhappy about so I can't speak to that. As for free speech, it is one thing to post; "I don't care for the game because".... And another to post - "This game is bad, and anyone that likes it must not be a 'real simmer' and I hope it fails"

Also I came here to enjoy a forum where I don't have to feel defensive about my enjoyment of the game and to get away from the constant negativity of the main forum, so I hope it doesn't start here in the name of "free speech".

Mitchi32 and benji_br like this.
  4. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@Mendota You and I have a lot of similar opinions.

Mendota likes this.
  5. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

First of all you can't get away with saying anything bad about anyone in any forum. Thats just the way things are.

6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Mendota likes this.
  7. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Saying Rachel should be sacked isn't the reason your account got banned, it's because you said she's incompetent, as I highlighted. Saying anybody is incompetent, is an insult to them and that is therefore being rude/mean to them which breaks the forum rules and as many have found out on the Official forums, having two accounts gets you banned immediately no matter what so that's why your accounts were banned.

You can have opinions on the Official forums, but you can't comment anything mean or rude against the members or Gurus otherwise you will get your post deleted, or warned by a mod/Guru or you will get your account banned! SimGuruBChick explained how the warning and banning process works, you should give it a read so you know what you can and can't say :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812625/warning-and-banning-process-explained#latest

As long as you stick to the forum rules, you should get along just fine :)

Also, I 100% agree with @Mendota :) very well said.

Matthew.

Mendota likes this.