1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot Even Start the Game Now

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Anna, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Anna

Anna

I have played over 60 hours per Origin and was fine. Played for hours last night and was fine. Did some lot building and moving. Renamed some lots. Played.

I cannot even get the game to start now. I have done:
    removed the tray
    deleted the thumbnails
    taken out the 2 mods I have that were working
    repaired the game in Origin

Managed to get to the hood screen once.
    Did cleaning on my computer.

Now cannot even get to the hood screen again. The movement at the plumbob stops then the game crashes to the desktop. Had it a few times before but second tries worked. Now have tried multiple tries and can get nowhere.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Anna

Anna

Got it to start once using Play from Origin. Now have tried 2 more times and cannot get past the hood screen.

3. Anna

Anna

I cannot even get that far now. I tried the 3 trick of renaming and generating a new game and still no go.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  4. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

5. Anna

Anna

I found someone who had problems and there was a link to this from EA. I did it and am running at the moment. So that is good. I am not sure how long it will last. I had tried with no mods, I am up to date with patches, and tried starting from the desktop and Origin. I did not try going offline. Thanks for the reply Alexis. Maybe this will help someone else having problems to try this clean boot.
    - - -
    Running a Clean Boot on your PC or Mac is a troubleshooting process designed to help fix problems that may be pop-up when installing, launching, or accessing online game content. The Clean Boot process disables many background tasks that may be causing interference.
    To run a Clean Boot on your PC:
    Please note, there may be slight variations in the process depending on the operating system version that you are running:
    1. Press and hold the 'Windows' Key followed by the 'R' key to open up a prompt window.
    2. In the prompt window, type 'msconfig.'
    3. When you have finished typing, click OK. At this point, you should now see the multi-tabbed System Configuration dialog box.
    4. Click on the 'General' tab
    5. Choose the 'Selective startup' option
    6. Uncheck the 'Load startup items' box.
    7. Open the 'Services' tab.
    8. Check the 'Hide all Microsoft services' option at the bottom of the tab.
    9. Click the 'Disable all' button.
    10. When prompted, restart your computer.

6. blossums

blossums

7. Anna

Anna

Good info. Thanks!