1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Career Cheat not working for 'Doctor'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sasha, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Sasha

Sasha

Hi there, is this happening to anyone else? Not sure if it's a game bug or something to do with any mods I have downloaded... (I don't have many.. more cc) Am also not sure if it is affecting any other 'Careers' either, just thought I'd ask here, as I've been web searching for any clues for a while now :(:confused: TIA :)

Sasha

2. Sennie

Sennie

When the game updated the other day did you remember to remove all mods and CC? If not then remove them and try it. Mods seem to have a bad effect on The Sims 4 when an update comes in, always remove them.

Hope this works :)

3. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

Are you using testingcheats true first? And are you entering the cheat correctly? careers.promote Doctor

2HubbiesNLove likes this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha

The last time I removed all the mods and cc, I had to re do all my sims as they became bald and lost all the cc? (so I never do it) or is it just because I 'loaded the game'. Do you just 'update', then put back all the cc / mods before loading the game @Sennie ?

5. Sasha

Sasha

So relieved and posting this here for anyone who experiences the problem..

Quoted via Zerbus Tumblr: (for anyone else experiencing this problem and you use this mod ) >> I had also contacted Zerbu a while ago, but had heard nothing.. had not checked back until today, and the following was posted on the 9th Nov.

"The Sims 4 Politics Mod Pack: Doctor Bug Fix
    I’ve fixed an important bug in The Sims 4 Politics Mod Pack that was causing Sims to not be able to get promoted in the Doctor career. Strangely, the bug was caused merely by the resource name for the Political career being suffixed with “Doctor” (because it was originally cloned from the Doctor career). When I changed it, the problem went away, which is strange since resource names have never been a problem.

Anyway, for those who use the mod, please re-download to fix the bug.

If anyone else reported this before, sorry for not noticing".