1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Careers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elsing, Sep 30, 2014.

1. elsing

elsing

I'm a programmer and when I found my Sim Self could be a programmer too I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Then I saw the rest of the careers and thought it all seemed a bit over exciting (for erm heaven) .

My sims have always been a bit regular, I have Dr's, teachers, police, politicians etc

However saying that if there is ever a plan to make another university it would make sense that it would take a degree to be a Doctor so I can understand holding off if this is the reason why.

What careers would you like to see Introduced in Sims 4, I'd like the above plus architecture and law.

benji_br likes this.
  2. Mandababy2003

Mandababy2003

I'd just like the base game sims 2 and 3 careers back. I can't believe they were left out of TS4 base but then again so was a bunch of other random stuff so shouldn't really be a suprise. Then they can give us the extra ep careers from sims 2 and 3.

One they've never given us that I've always thought was odd and wanted is a veterinarian. When pets came out I always figured so would the career but it hasn't so far. Hoping TS4 does when their pets come out.

Meka3514 likes this.
  3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I'd like to see part-time jobs come back. It was nice for my starter sims in TS3 so I could focus on relationships, LTWs, and skill building. I think this would be a big break on TS4 because now we have the option to attain multiple Aspiration Goals per sim.
    I like your idea about Uni, but why limit it to that? Why not have your sims hit a roadblock in their careers until they get a certain degree? I think this idea would play in quite well with the whole "Tasks" your sim is given to get promoted.
    Though the only way I could see it working and being fun is if getting a degree at a university was a little more convenient. Like you can still live at home or something and venture off to school when it's time. I didn't like at all how I had to move my sim out to "play" college- only for them to not achieve enough credits for a whole degree!! LOLWUT?? smh
    Anyway! Careers I'd like to see besides the part-time ones, are the Superstar ones!! And have it set up like in TS Superstar!! Have a simmed Hollywood neighborhood and OMG could you imagine how emotions could play into acting and singing and I guess modeling?
    I'd like to see the Fourtune teller career come back- so I guess we'd need a Makin' Magic/Supernatural ep in the future!!
    OMG an updated Magic Town @_@
    Oh and I'd like to add that I do wish to see TS3 careers back ;)

benji_br likes this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

I'd love to see a business one that would branch into Financial and Communication. For Politics, maybe it could branch into Leadership and Humanitarian (this would be my heaven)(I remember humanitarianism being an option in a poll a few years ago). I believe they will make one that would branch into Law Enforcement and Fire Fighting (that's why we have no policemen or firemen in the base game). I really miss the School/Teaching career, all my games had teachers in TS3, maybe it could branch into Child Care and Research. Then also a Medical one that would branch into Clinical and Surgical, or Medical and Psychology.

As for the Acting career, I'm gonna be bold and hope for one that branches into Theater and Cinema/TV. For Sports, it could branch into Professional Athlete and Sports Marketing (remember, from TS3's University Life?), or maybe Athlete and Trainer. When a Pets related EP comes, I'm expecting a Biologist/Veterinarian career. We'll see.

Aaah so many ideas. Above all, I want the ability to be self employed and not just being able to open stores, but actually owning and managing companies - hiring people based on their skill and personality etc.

Please, gurus, keep being awesome =]

uhleeshuh likes this.
  5. Meka3514

Meka3514

I'd love to see a career in Construction,or careers that allowed you to have your own business. I think this has already been said, but Open for Business was a great expansion pack in TS2. I'd love to see that concept come back, but have other businesses you can run.

benji_br likes this.
  6. Cody

Cody

I want to be a stripper or a drug dealer >_> Shake my stuff on a pole for money! Also no wagging your finger at me for inappropriate! There are things like crime boss and hit man in Sims 4 so why not strippers or drug dealers! There is even the oracle branch that encourages naughty behavior like creating viruses and hacking into data bases!

Just imagine we could give stage names to our Sims like strawberry glitter and one of the career items could be a dance pole that increases the fitness skill. <3

I would be a stripper in real life for they make good money if it was not for the fact I would put people in the hospital from visual scarring. Sometimes when I walk into the bathroom and I see myself in the mirror I nearly topple over into the shower because I think there is a murderer or someone who has plans to kidnap me in my bathroom. No need to be scaring people lol.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    elsing, benji_br and uhleeshuh like this.
  7. jenna

jenna

i really want all the sims 3 careers
    the sims 4 don't have that many careers but i understand it's just the base game in the future it will have much more hopefully

8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion

The careers I really want back are Military, Business, Scientist, Medical and Rockstar. I know we already have the musician branch of Entertainer, but that's classical music, not rock!

Branches and associated Emotions....

Military's emotion could be "Focused" (as in disciplined) or energized and it could branch either into "Home Defense" and "Mercenary" or really into any branch of armed forces around the world (Infantry, Air Force, Navy etc.)

Business emotion...Confident? As for branches....man no clue perhaps some sort of "Evil CEO" versus "Humanitarian CEO"?

Science emotion.....Focused or Creative perhaps with Mad Scientist/Mad Inventor branches, one focused on biology and one on robotics? (Servo is a career reward!)

Medical.....No idea about the emotion, I'm tempted to say Focused again. Branches: Either Doctor and Nurse or Plastic Surgeon and Medical Doctor.

Rockstar.... Emotion Confident or Creative, coupled with an Actor career or alternatively a Hip-Hop branch (with a new Rap skill)

Law Enforcement could branch into Police Officer and Headhunter XD

Paranormal would be important as well, probably branching into some sort of Demon Hunter vs Supernatural Menace rivalry.

elsing, Meka3514 and benji_br like this.
  9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@Cody LOL! Omgg
    That actually would be cool to introduce a 'bad' career- Like they could update the Criminal career to fit to this!
    They could have Triple O.G title do drive bys, or have the option wreck people up- no flexin' in my hood!
    Instead of drugs to be sold though, they should introduce something else that would be a little more family friendly- like... baseball cards.
    LOL

Cody likes this.
  10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@Cody they could call that ep,
    The Sims 4: Makin' it Rain