1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

CC hair and accessories are showing just blue?

Discussion in 'Custom Content and Modding Hub' started by Nerdoboo, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Nerdoboo

Nerdoboo

Everything else seems to be fine, but the accessories and hair just show up as blue in the thumbnail and no texture on the sim, it's really annoying, is it my graphics? dodgy cc? or what? Help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Atomicus

Atomicus

I have this same issue happen in my game. I was wondering if it's because Laptop mode enabled?

3. Steve7859

Steve7859

I was going to say its probably laptop mode, i had this issue on my old pc. If i zoomed out to a certain distance the cc would turn blue.

4. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

This issue is caused when using Laptop mode.

5. Stephen7859

Stephen7859

A few users have also mentioned this issue when playing in ultra settings. I have since found its because the Sims 4 has 3 - 4 LODs per every object, hair ect in game. Usually its LOD0, lOD1 and lOD2. Most cc users at the moment are making cc but exporting LOD0 then only importing back to LOD0 and ignoring LOD1-2. The lods are basically settings that control the rendering of an object depending on how far out you zoom from it.

6. Stephen7859

Stephen7859

More than happy to link to a tutorial for cc makers if its ok with sims vip for me to post the link. It explains LOD's in more detail. Its easy to do though no matter what meshing tool your using.