1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Crincrit's list of cache files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elizabeth1, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Elizabeth1

Elizabeth1

I looked in C : drive at Origin but didn't see any of the files that she named there. I' wanted to delete them but can't find them and I have files and folders unhidden.. has anyone else had this problem?

2. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

I don't know what Crincrit cache files are, but I thought all cache files are stored in EA Documents File? :-?

3. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

The logical place for them to be would be C: > My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > cache.

I've also never heard of 'Crincrit's list of cache files', so I can't say for sure if that is where they are... but it's certainly the most logical place. The EA folder was where the TS3 cache files were.

4. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Quickly throwing this in here, to make sure everyone can familiarize themselves with the actual topic of this thread here.
    The list of Sims 4 cache files by the lovely Crinrict: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

*flaps his wings and quickly flies away again*

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  5. Elizabeth1

Elizabeth1

I know how to find those cache files. these are the ones http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/ I don't have anything in my origin folder by those names meaning these
    • Origin folder in C:\ProgramData\
    • Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\
    • Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\

6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Oh, these are the ones you're talking about? Well then...
    If you've got no Origin folder within those three folders, then Origin has not created any caches on your computer, yet. So there isn't anything you could find or delete. You could try to start Origin and then close it again before looking another time to make sure you didn't miss anything.

7. Elizabeth1

Elizabeth1

Thank you DerMonarch, I was afraid that something was wrong with my origin .. or my computer.. :)